Anyone Else Tempted by the upcoming Moto X deal?

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys sure that the to be announced phone is the X's successor? I am a little sour because I just bought the X LOL. Oh well trying to keep up with the latest always is probably a futile attempt. I am happy with the X though,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys sure that the to be announced phone is the X's successor? I am a little sour because I just bought the X LOL. Oh well trying to keep up with the latest always is probably a futile attempt. I am happy with the X though,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well no, but it makes sense. It's been almost a year and if they don't sell now they will lose tons of potential customers to the M8/S5/G3.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Well no, but it makes sense. It's been almost a year and if they don't sell now they will lose tons of potential customers to the M8/S5/G3.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

True on all counts. What's important now is that Motorola does something I suppose. I rather like what they are trying to do.

Sent from my Moto X...

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X sale is pretty good. But still, it isn't a better deal than getting a Nexus 5.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one. All white with blue metallic accents, 32GB. It was to good of a deal for a nice, customized, unlocked phone. And they tossed in a free Moto Skip. Saved $160 in total.
I already have a Nexus 5 but I figured that's a good price for a extra phone that I can switch between when I'm in the mood.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X sale is pretty good. But still, it isn't a better deal than getting a Nexus 5.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

I think it is. I would take the X over the N5...or any other phone for that matter.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Not even a little.

The Moto X is a great phone. But except for the always on thing, I can't think of anything on it that is better than the Nexus 5, and several items are significantly worse.

IMO the main reason to get a Moto X is if you are stuck on Verizon.

I agree (I ended up passing on the Moto X deal) but I could point to at least two more things that the MX does better than the Nexus 5.

1) Speaker quality/loudness
2) GPS lock and overall signal strength.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree (I ended up passing on the Moto X deal) but I could point to at least two more things that the MX does better than the Nexus 5.

1) Speaker quality/loudness
2) GPS lock and overall signal strength.

Totally agree with speaker and strength of radio. Haven't noticed weak GPS.

I am really enjoying my N5 coming from the moto x. Been tweaking the heck out of it. I'm stock rooted running elementalx kernel with tap2wake on and don't miss active notifications from MX now. Also have xposed framework with gravity box installed and running Nova launcher. Really nice setup IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app