Any faith left for sprint

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
So I've been using my N5 since launch date with sprint. But my contract ends on may 7th. After 4 years of promises I'm really thinking of jumping ****. Tonight I used my moms att ghone of 3g only and it has faster data speeds then full bars of LTE on sprint. My phone always has lots of LTE bars just the speeds suck.

Does anybody really think sprint will get it together in the next few months or am I just wishful thinking?

Probably leaning towards att go phone for $60 for a spin to try it out

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has been rolling out all kinds of tower upgrades in KY. I know about three months back we got LTE in our area. My coworker has Sprint and he says it is a lot better than it used to be, but is still lacking.

I have read a lot of things about what they are planning, but I really haven't seen it in my area.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
4g is popping up everywhere in my neck of Michigan. I'm actually surprised when I see 3g lol

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So I've been using my N5 since launch date with sprint. But my contract ends on may 7th. After 4 years of promises I'm really thinking of jumping ****. Tonight I used my moms att ghone of 3g only and it has faster data speeds then full bars of LTE on sprint. My phone always has lots of LTE bars just the speeds suck.

Does anybody really think sprint will get it together in the next few months or am I just wishful thinking?

Probably leaning towards att go phone for $60 for a spin to try it out

Try other providers out. The only thing is ATT/Verizon will have better covergae and faster speeds, but tiered data that is more expensive. T-mobile might work for you, but they are really only good in major cities. If you live in a rural area their coverage may not be that good. In all honesty it is going to take sprint probably another year to a year and a half to FULLY deploy their network vision. Once that happens Sprint should be decent. This situation is of sprints own doing. They neglected their network for a decade or so, and now they are rebuilding it piece by piece. Sorry your network speeds suck.I usually get around 8-12MB down during peak times, and 20+ off peak. If you have the patience, wait it out. If not, try out other carriers.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just from ATT to Sprint for the same reason. I've had Sprint for a couple years now, and they've been great. I also know several who have made the jump recently.

It all depends on what works where you are.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Yea that's what I figured. Sprint be another year or so but I don't think I'm willing to give them another year.
T-Mobile sounds great but here in Kansas, as soon as you leave the 3 bigger cities they are a no go.
Thanks for the feedback

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you can, move to a cheaper plan on Sprint and wait. Spark is rolling out nationally and that should help with the speed.

Then again, I use 3G on sprint to save battery and find I don't really need 4G 99% of the time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I gave them too much of my time with horrible data speeds. Couldn't take it... Got tired of "it's coming.." "soon.." "We are upgrading"... Promises promises with no results in my area.

Left to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Last edited:

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I gave them to much of time with horrible data speeds. Couldn't take it... Got tired of "it's coming.." "soon.." "We are upgrading"... Promises promises with no results in my area.

T-Mobile is rocking and I can't wait till they Re-farm my Metro PCS towers that people will get in the next few days in New England and Las Vegas.

T-Mobile to shut down MetroPCS CDMA network in New England, Las Vegas by end of Q2

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly my problem with sprint. Its always just wait it out. I'm done with it.
Probably going to add my moms prepaid phone to my account and get the $130 10gb plan. After my company discount it will probably be the same if not cheaper then what I had with sprint.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly my problem with sprint. Its always just wait it out. I'm done with it.
Probably going to add my moms prepaid phone to my account and get the $130 10gb plan. After my company discount it will probably be the same if not cheaper then what I had with sprint.

lol.. Yeah I've been with Sprint for over a decade.... It wasn't until the smart phone revolution I started to have issues with them.... I had the original HTC EVO 4G and then the EVO 4G LTE which I traded for a Galaxy S3 thinking maybe it was the HTC hardware and then in October I got the Nexus 5 from Google play... They made a lot of promises with Wi-Max and that didn't pan out and then they dumped Wi-Max and started pushing LTE but started adding $10 data add on for premium devices even though you barely could get any coverage....

Tired of their "Network Vision" grand plans.... The line on my contract is up next month as well.... It's been two years since I got the EVO 4G LTE and now that I have the Nexus I am going to play around with T-Mobile or AT&T and see how much better or worse their coverage is vs the price paid..... Try T-Mobile first as they will clearly be cheaper..... I know AT&T has amazing coverage where I live and work (plus the Dallas area) but a slightly higher cost.... The corporate discount with AT&T is pretty good but to get the corporate discount (25% off all plans) it requires a two year contract and if I am going to do that I might as well get a new phone if I am locked in....

My brother had T-Mobile about 6 years ago and they were awesome in the city but once you get outside it dropped to nothing but that was a while ago.. Not sure how much better their coverage has gotten... and if the rumors are accurate switching to T-Mobile might bring you right back to Sprint in a year or so if they merge....

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I gave them to much of time with horrible data speeds. Couldn't take it... Got tired of "it's coming.." "soon.." "We are upgrading"... Promises promises with no results in my area.

Same here. I was with Sprint for over 10 years and in January I switched to T-Mobile. I'm very pleased with the faster data speed and the cheaper monthly bill.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
They've mostly completed network vision in my area (Chicago is spark active even), and it's pretty wonderful. Like I said, I can use 3G and get good enough speeds for most of what I do.

Your area may vary a bit however. Go with what works for you.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They've mostly completed network vision in my area (Chicago is spark active even), and it's pretty wonderful. Like I said, I can use 3G and get good enough speeds for most of what I do.

Your area may vary a bit however. Go with what works for you.

They must have done a really good job in Chicago.. I live in Dallas and they've told me the network vision is done here and Spark is active and it's not much better, I actually got a text message from Sprint 3 or 4 weeks ago telling me how excited they were to announce the network vision was completed in my area (With a link that took me to the Sprint site and you could click on towers in your area showing all these speed/network upgrades)... and I live in the heart of the DFW area.. There are spots that are pretty good but for the most part it's pretty bad.... My best friend has AT&T and he smokes me every day no matter where we are in both coverage and amazing speed.... but if I am not mistaken I think Dallas is the corporate headquarters of AT&T Wireless.....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I also don't think Sprints network (at least over near DFW Airport where I work) can handle much traffic.... I go to work at 6 am and my speeds are decent.. still not great but decent... by 10 in the morning I don't even try to use my phone.... once the office is up to full speed it slows dramatically.... and I work right at DFW one of the busiest airports in the country so it's not like I am out in country somewhere....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am in the process of moving my lines from Sprint to AT&T. My speeds have almost doubled. For me, the straw that broke the camel's back was the newfound need to set the phone in airplane mode to help with the 3G to 4G handoff. Seeing that from January to April was what made me say, enough.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am in the process of moving my lines from Sprint to AT&T. My speeds have almost doubled. For me, the straw that broke the camel's back was the newfound need to set the phone in airplane mode to help with the 3G to 4G handoff. Seeing that from January to April was what made me say, enough.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

That hasn't happened to me in awhile now. However I did have to do that almost everyday for a couple of weeks, and that was frustrating. I could not find a plan I liked on att. 6GB was 120/month that's a lot for for such a small amount of data. Now if it was 8GB or 10Gb I'd think about it.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I left Verizon for Sprint and have had the opposite experience.

The speeds are better, but I imagine that has to do with less customers bogging down the network

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I just switched to att postpaid. The 10gb 2phones for $130. Only been an hour but damn the speeds blow sprint out of the water here in my area. Best of all I get just as good signal inside my house as I do outside, unlike sprint. I brought my N5 so no contract so we will see how it goes

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma