Contacts on Hangouts

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If it's a contact on your phone, go into the contacts app, select the person whose info you want to send, hit share, and then select Hangouts as the app to share to.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't give Hangouts as an option.

Posted via Android Central App

Same here. Maybe if any 3rd party messaging app exists, it replaces the hangouts. I'm not sure but I have textra installed but am using hangouts as default. I don't see hangouts on that drop down selection but see Textra in its place. Weird.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's strange. I thought it may be the case that a 3rd party app would replace hangouts in the share menu, but I just downloaded Textra to check (I usually use Hangouts full time) and I get both in the menu. Previously, Hangouts did show up for me. I have not used Textra, but I downloaded it to see what happens with the menu. OP: do you have any 3rd aprty messaging apps installed?

Same here. Maybe if any 3rd party messaging app exists, it replaces the hangouts. I'm not sure but I have textra installed but am using hangouts as default. I don't see hangouts on that drop down selection but see Textra in its place. Weird.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That could be as Hangouts is part og Google+. I use Google+ on my phone, so I'm not going to disable it just to check. It does sound logical. I'm sure someone else will be willing to test that for you.

That is awesome. I wonder why it doesn't show for the OP and myself? I do see Textra but not Hangouts.
Do you think it has anything to do with Google+ being disabled?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
That could be as Hangouts is part og Google+. I use Google+ on my phone, so I'm not going to disable it just to check. It does sound logical. I'm sure someone else will be willing to test that for you.

Thanks. I enabled Google+ and rebooted device. It's still not there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have both Textra (default) and Hangout plus a few.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1399473588553.jpg
    1399473588553.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14

Superevangelist12

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Strange. I use Textra as my default, but would be willing to try Hangouts, however this is the main reason I don't. I have never been able to send a contact.

I also don't have Google + disabled.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Strange. I use Textra as my default, but would be willing to try Hangouts, however this is the main reason I don't. I have never been able to send a contact.

I also don't have Google + disabled.

I have tried Hangout three times and keep going back to Textra. Textra works and Hangout UI is quirky that tries to do everything and does nothing well. The three people that I sms text a lot are in my Google + circle. Hangout on my Nexus 5 keeps trying to make Google + as our main communication. Hangout keeps sending other friends invitations to download Hangout that ticks them off. I want to send them SMS/MMS and Hangout keeps flipping a conversation thread to Google + Hangout they won't see for days. The last straw for Hangout was sending text via OK Google in the bright sun since I couldn't see the screen well and they never got the texts as SMS trying to meet up at a local seafood festival. Death to Hangout...

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get both hangouts and Textra on that drop down list. I uninstalled updates for hangouts then reinstalled updates. Its on there now.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings and then applications. Look for hangouts there. You will then need to disable the app, which will uninstall all updates. Go back to applications in the settings and then look for disabled apps. Re-enable it and then open play store and look for hangouts. The update will be there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995