Rooting without opening the bootloader or setting the device in USM.

pixrock

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys,

Is there anyway on kitkat 4.4.2 to root the phone without opening the bootloader or setting my device on USM (USB Mass STorage)?

I think not as I'm searching on google since 2 days but still maybe some genius around here has something for me ?

I need to do some recovery on my device but I can't because I'm not root.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rooting without opening the bootloader or setting the devide in USM.

Hello guys,

Is there anyway on kitkat 4.4.2 to root the phone without opening the bootloader or setting my device on USM (USB Mass STorage)?

I think not as I'm searching on google since 2 days but still maybe some genius around here has something for me ?

I need to do some recovery on my device but I can't because I'm not root.

Thanks!

No there isn't any method to root the device without opening the boot loader, no matter how hard you try to find a trick that does this you are not going to get nothing.

pixrock

May 15, 2014
Visit site

I was afraid about that.

So now I know that I will lose tons pics and videos just for something dumb like that (yeah, sometimes your forgot to backup for a while...).

They really need to care more about data protection and recovery.

Just with dumb USM activable I'm almost sure that I was able to recover 90 / 100% of my lost datas. Sad.

:'( :'( :'(

They was a method with a not so old android version:
http://www.googlenexusforum.com/for...t-without-unlocking-bootloader-nexus-7-a.html

Still it's not working anymore.

Last edited:

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

This will not work on kitkat. The bootloader cannot be modified

Press THANK YOU and LIKE button if you gets the answer

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I was afraid about that.

So now I know that I will lose tons pics and videos just for something dumb like that (yeah, sometimes your forgot to backup for a while...).
Um, why don't you back them up to your PC first, and then root?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I was afraid about that.

They really need to care more about data protection and recovery.

Wugfresh's Toolkit.... one-stop shop. Connect it to your laptop via USB.... a couple of clicks later, it has backed up your entire phone, unlocked the boot loader, loaded a custom recovery, rooted it, re-loaded ALL your data back on your phone, read you a bedtime story and tucked you into bed.

Granted, you could do all these things yourself using ADB commands and such (and there is merit in learning how to do all this stuff manually), but whatevs..... Fact of the matter is that you do not need to lose everything when you unlock and root your Nexus 5, you just need to back it up first.

pixrock

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Problem LeoRex, I want to recover erased datas. I alreday backup my phone with ADB, but when I will unblock the bootloader I will lose all those erased data because they are not in the backup.

So I'm stuck.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Problem LeoRex, I want to recover erased datas. I alreday backup my phone with ADB, but when I will unblock the bootloader I will lose all those erased data because they are not in the backup.

So I'm stuck.

? Not sure what you mean. Are you trying to recover data that you've LOST already? Stuff you've removed, like old photos? A full backup should get you everything you have on the phone... if it didn't make it into the backup, it's not on your phone.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, generally deleted data is not recoverable on the phone.

pixrock

May 15, 2014
Visit site

I deleted photos & videos by mistake and now I'm stuck. To use recovery tools I need to be in USM or rooted, like I'm not I can't do nothing, the unlock of the bootloader will erase my lost data. At least I don't think that the ADB backup save lost data ?

But maybe I'm wrong?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I deleted photos & videos by mistake and now I'm stuck. To use recovery tools I need to be in USM or rooted, like I'm not I can't do nothing, the unlock of the bootloader will erase my lost data. At least I don't think that the ADB backup save lost data ?

But maybe I'm wrong?

Well... ADB backups are basically disk dumps.... whether or not those allow for the recovery of lost/deleted data, I don't know. But there's a chance.

But what options do you have? The tools you need to use require root access... to get root access, you need to unlock the phone (which wipes the phone). If that disk image contains the recoverable data, you get your stuff back. But if it doesn't preserve those deleted bits, then you are pretty much right where you are right now..... with lost files.

Basically, what I am saying is that, in my opinion, you really don't have anything to lose here (unless there is some mystery app that can recover without root, which probably doesn't exist. The damage has been done and you're only option is to take a chance that the full phone backup can be recovered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay