Switch songs while screen is off.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
One feature I miss from the Torch 9800 is the ability to switch songs without turning the screen on. You just simply hold volume up/down to go to next/previous song. When I listen to music while sleeping, I hate turning on the screen every time to skip a song. Even with the lowest brightness setting it is still bothersome. Is there an app that can provide this feature?

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so, Gravitybox (XPosed module) will give you this feature.

Edit: it looks like there are some apps that claim to do this in the play store
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps.android.tactileplayerfree&token=xMZEdtqr
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.silentlexx.volbtntrackctrl&token=D72O5RBH

Disclaimer: I don't use either of these apps, and can't confirm that these work - but the description does indicate that these will do what you are looking for. (check permissions before you install, of course)

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Strange... I'm rooted so it must be that but I use Google Play Music All Access and I can skip songs like that, I also use the paid version of Poweramp, and it allows me to do that as well. I think Poweramp has a trial, so you could try that out, or try Google Play Music. I always thought this feature was built in from the get go haha.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Certain apps allow an option like Poweramp. Custom ROMs like Cyanogen Mod and AOKP have the feature baked in as an option. There are Xposed modules that do the trick as well. You also have apps from the app store that will get the job done.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Pocket Skip Track is pretty good. It does have its issues but I've already contact the developer. Hopefully they can fix it in the future. Thanks again for the recommendations.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Tasker gives you a lot of options to control your music.

You can shake your phone.
You can turn your phone left/right/up/down.
You can wave the proximity sensor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463