Does hangouts show when the other person is typing anymore?

hurricane87

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the last hangouts update whenever I'm in a convo it no longer shows when the other participant is typing to me or when they are looking at the convo. Instead the profile pic that shows what they last read up to always shows gray like they don't have the convo open and when the person actually replies it just pops up with no typing notification. Same thing with my finance's nexus 4.

Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Creeper :p. Actually now that you mention it, I too don't have the dots when they type since they've integrated SMS and Hangouts. Weird.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hurricane87

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Creeper :p. Actually now that you mention it, I too don't have the dots when they type since they've integrated SMS and Hangouts. Weird.

The little profile pic icon doesn't accurately show when the other person is looking at the messaging thread either (whether the icon is grayed out or not). This will now drive you nuts. 😥

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The little profile pic icon doesn't accurately show when the other person is looking at the messaging thread either (whether the icon is grayed out or not). This will now drive you nuts. 😥

I've actually noticed that and it does drive me nuts. It's the buggiest app I have ever used from Google. It's sad because I love the layout. They just need to fix all of the bugginess.