Incoming notifications/texts/emails etc screen doesn't turn on

Racspell

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
My S4 lit up without any apps. My Note 4 doesn't although my partners Note 4 does...... so clearly there IS a setting somewhere........

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I was expecting both the led and the screen to turn on and was surprised when it didn't. What I learned is that you can have EITHER the led OR the screen to turn on. This is controlled by going into settings, sounds and notifications, then change the setting near the bottom for the led control. Turn on the led and the screen will not turn on. Turn off the led and the screen will turn on.

Sahand Banisadr

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
OMG nalpakj! You are amazing... I have been reading and reading and reading and reading for hours to find a solution. I did everything they suggested. Everyone kept repeating the same things. I was about to give up and then you explained it perfectly. My screen wouldn't turn on because of the Damn LED light. I turned that feature off and viola! My screen turned on with the next incoming text. Thanks.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I prefer ACDisplay for this function, but it's not playing nice with 5.1. Now using Dynamic Notifications. Hoping the former gets fixed soon.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Stephen Keppler

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So I have tried with the LED notification on and off, and still dont have the screen waking up with email notifications. You cannot tell me that there isnt a setting for this as every other Android device that is running 5.0 and higher is getting the wake up screen notifications. Tried calling LG about this, and they have nothing bu a bunch of Moron's answering the phone that have no idea how to support their device.

Leshmep

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm using "Screen Notifications" with a Nexus 5, running 5.1.1. Works great. Allows selective apps. Has quite hours function.

Posted via the Android Central App

NBCGLX

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
So glad I found this thread. It was driving me nuts that the screen wouldn't temporarily light up when I received notifications. Quite annoying to have to pick up the phone and hit the sleep/wake button to see what the notification was. Much better now (using 'Screen Notifications'; the other Settings changes above accomplished nothing) since I can just glance at the phone and know whether or not I need to address the notification or if it can wait.

kingaurthor

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
bro em facing the same problem.....the best solution i found to this problem is to install an app from the playstore with the name SCREEN NOTIFICATION your problem will be sort out i hope..myslef using thz app

showfly73

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
ive been going over and over with this all day,frustrated bcz im having a similar issue. no notifications including incoming calls were activating the screen to come on. when i got a call i cdnt even see who it was or answer it bcz the screen stayed black(off). i finally found in the user manual that the proximity sensor,which is hardly visible up top nx to the camera lens, was not able to function bcz it was covered by the screen protector i had on my phone. even tho this screen protector was supposedly specifically for this model of phone so i wdnt have thought it would be that. but as soon as i took the screen protector off, my phone lit up and came on with calls just like its supposed to. i am so relieved to find out whats going on,with mine anyway. so i wanted to post this so it might help someone else too.

Sarthak Bansal

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
hi there... even i was an iPhone user and ive switched to the s6 Edge recently and had the same problem.
download this app 'screen notifications'.... worked for me :)

DC15

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I fixed the problem by picking up a Moto X Pure Edition. Moto Display handles all of this very nicely.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwb615

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
what phone are you referring to? it does not seem to work with s7 edge. with the led notification light enabled or disabled, my phone refuses to wake up when receiving notifications

Robert L2

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem too. Some lockscreens would wake, others would not. I found a lockscreen that i really liked, but it wouldn't wake. My solution was pretty simple that I discovered by accident: Install the Next Lockscreen by Microsoft. Set it up for all the notifications and make sure it is working by making it temporarily your lockscreen. It is actually a really good lockscreen and if you want good notifications, and your phone to wake on notification, use it- should work. But, i wanted to use a different lockscreen. So, I simply turned OFF Next lockscree (do not uninstall), and turned on my preferred lockscreen. Next still has it's services running which allowed the phone to wake with my preferred lockscreen. Though next was not set as my lockscreen, the services seemed to work with any lockscreen. The Next lockscreen services had minimal battery drain.

Can anyone else try to replicate this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173