Signal Issues!!

terryh215

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My phone will not get higher than one bar in my house. It goes from no bars to one bar. My gf's phone, which is an iPhone, gets two bars constantly maybe even three. I know I'm in a rural area with Sprint but shouldn't are signals be about the same? Is this an Nexus issue? I'm still on my 14 day trial. Was thinking of trading it in.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I would try a new sim card 1st, before swapping phones. My Brother in Law has a iPhone 5s and I have a Nexus 5 on ATT, in rural areas we seem to get the same signal strength.

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
There are many complaints about the weak radio on these phones. Try going into the mobile network settings and changing the default network from LTE to 3G. This gives me 1, sometimes 2 more bars.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using The Android Central mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you get fewer bars, but how is the actual reception? Are calls clear? Do you drop a lot of calls? I've found that with my Nexus 5 on T-Mobile, I can have 1 bar and completely normal reception.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
to add to what gidgiddonihah pointed out, not all devices represent signal the same.
Id recommend getting an app from the app store that will give you the actual measurements of each receiver.
Since your on sprint this will be 1xRTT voice / text and CDMA2000 / EVDO for data and LTE for data. All of these will have separate signal strengths since they are all different receivers and transmitters.
Once you begin to separate them out then do a comparison from device to device.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae