Data/Internet issue with Nexus 5

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I have my Nexus 5 running Straight Talk with an AT&T LTE sim card. My status bar says LTE all the time. But when I try and browse websites such as nfl.com or youtube. It takes upwards of 2 minutes to load the page. Yet my 3g or (H+) service take about 5-10 seconds to finish loading. With that being said. My friend has the Samsung Galaxy S4 on Straight Talk with an AT&T LTE sim card and his phone will load the page in well under 5 seconds. When I'm in the car LTE doesn't even work mostly because I get aggravated and close out. My apps that require data are slow to load and trying to watch a youtube video off wifi is like trying to pull water from a stone. I never have any issues with calls or texts including mms its just internet data. Please help if you can. I'm ready to throw my phone out a window.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you past the limit (I believe it's 3 GB ) where they throttle you?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

I am on Metro PCS with LTE. The NFL and YouTube pages load quick on my Nexus 5. What do you get from running OOKLA Speed Test? Please take a screen shot of it. Even with just one bar of LTE inside my house I always get speeds of at least 18ms ping, 19.1Mbps down and 6.97Mbps up with Metro and I only pay $40 a month. Also, I have seen people with Nexus 5 get into the mid 30Mbps on this board.

You may need to call Google Service since you could have either a bad service or bad modem in your N5.

You may want to call Straight Talk since they have people on this board with the same issues on different phones. https://www.straighttalkwirelessforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6792&t=1260421

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
Toggle Airplane Mode and see if you have better results with the LTE connection. If no improvement, perhaps look into having the SIM card replaced. Aside from that, I don't know what the problem could be other than it being related to hardware with the device. Even then, I would imagine it would be across all website while on LTE, not a select few.

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Its weird because right now everything is working. I'll have take a second screenshot when its not working.

Attachments

• 1400839922749.jpg
    1400839922749.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 30

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello I'm having the same issue every now and then. It just recently started doing it ever since I got a text from straight talk saying they increased data to 3GB

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech