Inline Pictures in Gmail

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Gmail for Android: 4.8 (1167183)
Nexus 5 , non-rooted

A friend of mine sent me an email in Gmail with inline pictures, the pictures are displayed perfectly in my nexus 7 (2013, non rooted gmail 4.8 (1167183)) and desktop automatically when i open the email. This not happens in my Nexus 5 mobile. They only displayed as an empty line square with a small icon at the center. In order to view the pictures i have to download and save them one by one to Nexus 5 (or upload and save to Gdrive) and open the jpg file(s). The is no "show image" button.
The setting "Data Usage/Images" (at the bottom of the screen) is already set to "Always show" and the box for "Auto fit messages" is checked in "Settings/General Settings" in the default gmail account. Also "auto download attachments" is set.

How could i make Nexus 5 show gmail inline pictures in the same way as Nexus 7?

Thank you for your help !!

SLo

Screenshot_2014-05-24-15-36-16.jpg

Last edited:

cpetemn

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet and neither would display embedded images in gmail. My spouse had a Nexus 7 1st gen and that worked fine. I took a look at her system and all of our devices were 4.4.4 KitKat. So I looked at the gmail apps and hers had not been updated! Ok, really don't like the new (red) version anyway, so turned off auto update for the apps on my 2 devices and uninstalled which took them back to the version that came preloaded on the devices. All is now working fine!!! Maybe the next update will work, but at least I know how to get the images back and a with my old gmail app that I like better anyway.

apachemd

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
So I went to the Gmail app, unchecked Auto-update, and then Uninstalled. It gave me the expected warning about this action taking it back to the Factory version, which is exactly what I wanted. So far so good. I uninstalled.

After that there was no Gmail app at all on my device. And the only way for me to get one back was to go to Gmail in the Play Store and download it, which gave me the updated version again. Exasperating. Help???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12