Google play services battery drain

yzerof19

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know of there is a fix for the google play services battery drain issue. At this point I'm not sure what to do anymore, my battery on my nexus 5 will only last a few hours at best, and the phone is often very hot to the touch. I usually reset the phone a few times a day but almost always within a short time I can feel it heating up again. I've tried clearing the cache and temporarily stopping all the in services in the app settings but nothing seems to work. Thanks for any advice.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of there is a fix for the google play services battery drain issue. At this point I'm not sure what to do anymore, my battery on my nexus 5 will only last a few hours at best, and the phone is often very hot to the touch. I usually reset the phone a few times a day but almost always within a short time I can feel it heating up again. I've tried clearing the cache and temporarily stopping all the in services in the app settings but nothing seems to work. Thanks for any advice.

I was on Sprint and switched to T-Mobile.... because of this to get the 3G working I had to do a factor reset of my phone.... Battery life was horrendous after I did the factory reset and the main culprit of battery drain was "Google Services" and it was the cause of 35 - 40% of my battery drain.... I ended up turning the GPS/Location services off and now it only eats up round 10% of my battery drain.... Not 100% sure if that was the main cause of it.... But it seems like the GPS feature plus the Google now surroundings search was eating up a lot of battery...

I just noticed when I clicked on Google Services it has a "Select Battery-Saving mode" and turning the location off is the only option (at least on my phone)

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing... My says Google Services and your saying Google Play Services so they MAY be different... But MAJOR battery difference.. I also made the switch to ART... but not 100% sure if that saves any battery or not....

sigma_wrx

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Turn off auto sync, location reporting and location history. You can leave location on and google apps still work.That's how I have mine and I don't have Google play services drain.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Turn off auto sync, location reporting and location history. You can leave location on and google apps still work.That's how I have mine and I don't have Google play services drain.

Might be why I didn't have the issue before the factory reset.. Not 100% sure how those settings were BEFORE I reset.. I do know after it started giving me parking location which I thought was both neat and not needed since I know where I work and live already.... I'll adjust mine back on and turn those off and see if that is better tomorrow..

Thanks..

Billy Poveromo

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I get the same severe battery drain. Multiple HTC One Mini phones and now even on my new Samsung Alpha. Android Services is like 40% of my battery usage. This has got to get fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes