Latest camera update

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I just updated the camera to the latest update that brought back the timer, and I can't seem to turn on hdr+. Anyone know how or am I missing something?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see it fine. On the main camera screen, tap the 3 dot menu button, and you should see the HDR+ symbol there, along with the timer, grid, flash, and front/rear facing camera toggle icons. Make sure you're set to the main Camera, and not Lens Blur. It looks like you can't have Timer and HDR+ on at the same time (not sure why).

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I see it fine. On the main camera screen, tap the 3 dot menu button, and you should see the HDR+ symbol there, along with the timer, grid, flash, and front/rear facing camera toggle icons. Make sure you're set to the main Camera, and not Lens Blur.

Yep, I just got the update and that is exactly what it looks like on mine too.

It looks like you can't have Timer and HDR+ on at the same time (not sure why).

Same thing here- good observation. Seems like a stupid limitation.

I am so disappointed that they brought back the 16:9 option but didn't add a 3:2 option :( The photographic industry standard aspect ratio (uncropped) is 3:2, as defined by 35mm film. It would be a great compromise between 4:3 and 16:9. Oh well.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Just tried out the new update and HDR+ is still there just a little different. Hit the three dots and it got easy to work out. New symbols for timer but I don't have a use for that. It does seem the focus works better but not sure yet.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It does seem the focus works better but not sure yet.

I can't tell if it is faster. But it does seem to be a little more "decisive" than it used to be (doesn't change it's mind and try refocusing as often).

One fun thing to try is to test the optical imaging stabilization, which I had not done before. Act like you are taking a photo, then jitter the phone up and down rapidly a few millimeters while watching the screen- it is rock solid.... neat.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering, in the change log it says "big button is now optional" so does that mean we can switch it to something smaller? Because if that's so I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering, in the change log it says "big button is now optional" so does that mean we can switch it to something smaller? Because if that's so I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

Probably just a reference to if you set it to 16:9, it will take up the whole screen with the viewfinder.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just updated the camera to the latest update that brought back the timer, and I can't seem to turn on hdr+. Anyone know how or am I missing something?
I had this issue last night. When you think you are turning it ON, you are actually turning it off. The UI is not very clear. What you see in the menu is the current state...so when you see the slash, that means it is CURRENTLY off...not that it will turn off if you press it.

It's confusing as hell and they need to fix it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Probably just a reference to if you set it to 16:9, it will take up the whole screen with the viewfinder.

That is what they are referring to (at 16:9, it also gets transparent).... because in full resolution, 8MP at 4:3, that button is unavoidable.... either they crop the screen (which everyone universally derided) or they have some kind of border. Sure, they would make it a little more obvious, or aesthetically pleasing, but it has to be there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood