06-02-2014 02:29 AM
68 123
tools
    Oh really?
    Try it when your computers run Linux, then and see how easy it is.
    That is not the issue for the OP but thanks.
    05-30-2014 04:03 PM
    I find Apples ecosystem unnecessarily cumbersome because of itunes for my use. I would love to ask you Apple users how to do something other than what the OP asked but I don't want to hijack his thread.
    05-30-2014 04:55 PM
    iTunes on a PC is a hard quirky UI over the years. I had uploaded all my CD to my PC using iTune. When Apple switched to OTA updates I moved to the Cloud and they deleted all my personal music. . It also deleted some not all of the songs that I paid for from iTunes when I had a iPod Nano. Apple wanted me to pay them $25 a year to store my personal music in the cloud so I switched back to the PC for iTune back up and started uploading my CD again. Now all my personal music that I uploaded is gone from my PC and any music I paid iTunes for that is on a old iPod Nano is gone. Apple deleted it from my PC during some iTunes update. I still have my iTune songs I paid for that was sold for the iPhone 4 on my PC.

I hate Apple and they will never get one penny of my money again.
    05-30-2014 04:57 PM
    Kinda off topic but what do iPhone users use if they want to load and play lossless music file types like flac?
    05-30-2014 06:25 PM
    Ok ok...Due to a total brain fart and lack of Fatherly Will-Power I gave in and got her a 5s...I never saw one until she had it home from BB. Now don't get me wrong it is a beautiful device BUT THAT'S WHERE IT ENDS FOR ME!!! I cant for the life of me figure out how to get her songs and movies on there? I took a half a day off and still cant figure it out? LOL...with my N5 or Android tablets its pretty cut and dry for me. The pc drag and drop or open google drive and it works so flawlessly...Not on the iPhone its almost like its on LOCK DOWN!!! On the Iphone Google drive doesn't recognize the file type..I tried to load the files on iTunes? No dice, wrong file type...Anyone know a site for Dummies to walk-through how to get songs and movies on the Iphone? Now I remember why I love my Android N5. Thanks.
    My mum has an iPhone and she wanted me to put songs on so I got the songs on her laptop and then used iTunes to sync them to the phone...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2014 06:45 PM
    Hundreds of millions of iPhone users can read the phone's instruction manual to sync media content.

OP would rather spend half a day doing the wrong thing, then blame Apple.
    Just remember this is 'Android Central' not the place for iPhone users....

05-30-2014 06:48 PM
    I just came to Android this month from having an iPhone 4S for four years. My home computer is a PC, not Apple. The reason I switched was that I felt like I was constantly refereeing a fight between the PC and the iPhone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Shilohcane likes this.
    05-30-2014 07:29 PM
    So you supposedly use Android but you can't figure out how to get songs on an iPhone? Wow?
    05-30-2014 10:37 PM
    Hey Mod...can you delete my original post since all it seems to be doing is feeding the TROLLS on this forum? Thanks...
    05-30-2014 11:40 PM
    Kinda off topic but what do iPhone users use if they want to load and play lossless music file types like flac?
    Apple lossless and wav

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    05-30-2014 11:47 PM
    So you supposedly use Android but you can't figure out how to get songs on an iPhone? Wow?
    Perhaps you could point the OP to a good clear tutorial or manual, or explain it yourself.
    crxssi likes this.
    05-31-2014 12:28 AM
    Ok ok...Due to a total brain fart and lack of Fatherly Will-Power I gave in and got her a 5s...I never saw one until she had it home from BB. Now don't get me wrong it is a beautiful device BUT THAT'S WHERE IT ENDS FOR ME!!! I cant for the life of me figure out how to get her songs and movies on there? I took a half a day off and still cant figure it out? LOL...with my N5 or Android tablets its pretty cut and dry for me. The pc drag and drop or open google drive and it works so flawlessly...Not on the iPhone its almost like its on LOCK DOWN!!! On the Iphone Google drive doesn't recognize the file type..I tried to load the files on iTunes? No dice, wrong file type...Anyone know a site for Dummies to walk-through how to get songs and movies on the Iphone? Now I remember why I love my Android N5. Thanks.
    Have you had any luck getting some of the files to go through?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app
    05-31-2014 12:39 AM
    Just remember this is 'Android Central' not the place for iPhone users....

I use an iPhone 5S sometimes. Can I stay?

So you supposedly use Android but you can't figure out how to get songs on an iPhone? Wow, how big of an ***** are you?
    Please stop. This is your warning.

Say what you want to say, but say it in a civil manner. Disagreements are usually a good thing, but being mean never is.

Thank you No hard feelings, because this was my first impression, too. But see below.

Hey Mod...can you delete my original post since all it seems to be doing is feeding the ******* TROLLS on this forum? Thanks...
    Nope. But I can remind everyone of the rules they agreed to. In short, be friendly — it won't kill you.

OP — I feel your pain. iTunes can be very easy if you go all in to it. Once you decide to selectively sync stuff, have more than one account or more than one device, or step off the Apple reservation (as in Google Drive) it can be frustrating. I'll suggest you head to iMore | The #1 site for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple! and read their itunes tutorials if you don't find the help you're looking for in the manual or at Apple support.
    B. Diddy, crxssi, Ry and 2 others like this.
    05-31-2014 12:52 AM
    ITunes by far is the worst piece of garbage ever published,I wouldn't wish it on my enemies.

I don't get it what's the problem it's a software that organizes and syncs your library. If one wants to make things difficult there's an option to Manually drag-and-drop.

I wish Apple made iTunes available for android. I love the all I have to do is plug in my iPad Air.
    05-31-2014 02:34 AM
    I use an iPhone 5S sometimes. Can I stay?

Please stop. This is your warning.

Say what you want to say, but say it in a civil manner. Disagreements are usually a good thing, but being mean never is.

Thank you No hard feelings, because this was my first impression, too. But see below.

Nope. But I can remind everyone of the rules they agreed to. In short, be friendly it won't kill you.

OP I feel your pain. iTunes can be very easy if you go all in to it. Once you decide to selectively sync stuff, have more than one account or more than one device, or step off the Apple reservation (as in Google Drive) it can be frustrating. I'll suggest you head to iMore | The #1 site for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple! and read their itunes tutorials if you don't find the help you're looking for in the manual or at Apple support.
    Well you are a mod but if I had my way I'd say no you can't stay I don't see the point in iPhone users using a site which is dedicated to Android and then as soon as someone uses Android as a preferable choice of OS in a topic then they get sarcastic and stupid comments.....

05-31-2014 03:03 AM
    iCan't is a common issue. iTunes is okay, but handles importing poorly. Messes up your playlists, duplicates files repeatedly, file type issues (and the iOS devices cannot accept any additional codecs beyond what is stock). And you NEED ITUNES to check the purchase history for your iOS gadgets.

To get your daughter's training-wheels phone running right, you will need to batch-reencode any incompatible files first into iPod compatible or similar. You will need to memorize problematic features like the physical mute slider. You will need to get a couple audio and video reencoding profiles. Get used to it and things will improve.
    05-31-2014 04:15 AM
    Welcome to iPhone media sync hell that is itunes O.P. I dont even bother with it anymore on my ipad or my wifes iphone. We use Spotify, Netflix and Hulu to the extent possible for our media consumption. Any shortcomings of Netflix and Hulu is outweighed by not having to use POS itunes.
    05-31-2014 07:57 AM
    There is some really good advice on here.

The songs are pretty easy - install iTunes and then drag and drop the mp3s into iTunes and it will convert them to AAC.

Movies are a bit trickier. If it is a supported movie file, then you can go to iTunes and add the file to your iTunes library via the Video tab. If not then you have to convert the file using 3rd party software like Handbrake or download a 3rd party app that will play the movie/sync the movie to be played by the app via iTunes (this sounds harder than it really is).
    It sounds like you know your stuff with Apple so I'm going to ask you.

My sister and I purchased an ipad 2nd gen awhile ago for my father. Just a few months ago, I decided to use it to show a potential employer my work with PDF's (sketches/artwork) and JPG (pictures of finished projects) files since I don't have a tablet. I wanted to make a separate folder within the ipad that I could access quickly and show the interviewer my work. How would you go about creating such a folder where it would consist of a PDF followed by an EPS and so on and so on? I had 12 PDF files and 12 JPG files. They would be alternating.....PDF (artwork done on illustrator) followed by a JPG (picture of finished project). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    05-31-2014 11:02 AM
    I just came to Android this month from having an iPhone 4S for four years. My home computer is a PC, not Apple. The reason I switched was that I felt like I was constantly refereeing a fight between the PC and the iPhone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    How I remember those days. Every time I backed up or Updated my iPhone IOS to iTunes on my HP Windows laptop it disabled my CD player and microphone on the laptop with some type of registry entries. I would have to take my personal laptop to work and pay the guys in the help desk $20 to fix my registry entries to use my CD player. Then iTunes when OTA and I moved my backup to the cloud. That resulted in all my CD music getting deleted unless I paid Apple $25 a year. Apples help line or Genius Bar advice was telling me to only buy Apple products. I just got rid of Apple and the issues fixed itself.

on 64 bit windows 7 after installing update for itunes my dvd drive - Microsoft Community
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    05-31-2014 11:41 AM
    The big problem I find with iTunes and Apple products is the limited file support. There are very, very few video formats and several glaring omissions on the audio front (FLAC anyone?). Converting is never cut and dry for the general masses - video conversion can be a real headache even for those who are knowledgeable (maybe it's worse for those of us that are because we see the drop in quality with incorrect settings). With Apple you're really stuck with what they want and their ecosystem.

This is coming from a pleased iPad 4 64GB WiFi owner.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    05-31-2014 12:04 PM
    Maybe watch a vid on youtube there are 100s of tutorials about itunes. Even better watch it with your daughter for some daddy and daughter time! Now you both will know how to use itunes! Had to go through the same thing when mine went from Nexus4 to iphone 5s.
    05-31-2014 12:09 PM
    @ OP. Simple solution....take it back and get Android. iCrap is nothing but a headache unless you go all iCrap.
    05-31-2014 01:12 PM
    How I remember those days. Every time I backed up or Updated my iPhone IOS to iTunes on my HP Windows laptop it disabled my CD player and microphone on the laptop with some type of registry entries. I would have to take my personal laptop to work and pay the guys in the help desk $20 to fix my registry entries to use my CD player. Then iTunes when OTA and I moved my backup to the cloud. That resulted in all my CD music getting deleted unless I paid Apple $25 a year. Apples help line or Genius Bar advice was the same which was only buy Apple products. I just got rid of Apple and the issues fixed itself.

on 64 bit windows 7 after installing update for itunes my dvd drive - Microsoft Community
    These are called 'filters'. The most commonly broken is access to the optical drive, yes. There are some really bad programmers out there.
    Shilohcane likes this.
    05-31-2014 01:12 PM
    It sounds like you know your stuff with Apple so I'm going to ask you.

My sister and I purchased an ipad 2nd gen awhile ago for my father. Just a few months ago, I decided to use it to show a potential employer my work with PDF's (sketches/artwork) and JPG (pictures of finished projects) files since I don't have a tablet. I wanted to make a separate folder within the ipad that I could access quickly and show the interviewer my work. How would you go about creating such a folder where it would consist of a PDF followed by an EPS and so on and so on? I had 12 PDF files and 12 JPG files. They would be alternating.....PDF (artwork done on illustrator) followed by a JPG (picture of finished project). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Wow, next you'd be wanting to save a file under a new name in iOffice.
    05-31-2014 01:13 PM
    Wow, next you'd be wanting to save a file under a new name in iOffice.
    Is this your help?!? or are you admitting that you can't help me?? How would you do it?
    05-31-2014 01:30 PM
68 123