My daughters iPhone 5s...I want it GONE!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok ok...Due to a total brain fart and lack of Fatherly Will-Power I gave in and got her a 5s...I never saw one until she had it home from BB. Now don't get me wrong it is a beautiful device BUT THAT'S WHERE IT ENDS FOR ME!!! I cant for the life of me figure out how to get her songs and movies on there? I took a half a day off and still cant figure it out? LOL...with my N5 or Android tablets its pretty cut and dry for me. The pc drag and drop or open google drive and it works so flawlessly...Not on the iPhone its almost like its on LOCK DOWN!!! On the Iphone Google drive doesn't recognize the file type..I tried to load the files on iTunes? No dice, wrong file type...Anyone know a site for Dummies to walk-through how to get songs and movies on the Iphone? Now I remember why I love my Android N5. Thanks.:)

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it is super easy. Sounds more like you just want to hate on Apple. Syncing stuff via iTunes is easier than it is syncing via any program with Android IMO.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hundreds of millions of iPhone users can read the phone's instruction manual to sync media content.

OP would rather spend half a day doing the wrong thing, then blame Apple.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so this isn't the Phone Wars subforum. The OP may be expressing an opinion, but also seems to be genuinely trying to figure out how to transfer music and videos onto the iPhone. Now, I'm not very familiar with iPhones or with the whole process of transferring media (I only use iTunes on my PC for an ancient iPod), so I thought I'd Google that question ("drag and drop music iPhone")--and it is in fact quite difficult to find a good answer, since the first couple of pages seem to include answers from 2011 and 2012, or posts from iPhone support forums (as opposed to official tutorials on an Apple support page). So I don't see this as necessarily a "let's bash iPhone" post--it's a significantly different process than on Android, and the OP is clearly not familiar with it.

Hopefully there are some folks on these forums who are familiar with iOS and who can point the OP in the right direction. But it might be more helpful to post the question in a forum like iMore (without the partisan comments, of course;)).

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
With my old iPhone 3G, I used a 3rd party program, Copy Trans to drag and drop music/videos. I know it was on Windows. I don't think there was a Mac OS X version at the time.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
1) You install iTunes on your desktop and allow it to search for music already existing on your drive.
2) You connect the iPhone (or iPad) via USB (preferably) to your desktop; iTunes auto-opens if not already running.
3) You tell iTunes which music, videos, podcasts, etc. you want to copy to the device, mostly by dragging/dropping.

When you commit to an iPhone/iPad, you also pretty much commit to iTunes as your management app on the desktop. If you don't have a desktop or other computer on which to run iTunes, you will encounter a number of difficulties with the iPhone/iPad.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. Copying files is even worse. It is a thing of the 90's

Using iTunes provides many advantages and is one of the main advantages of the Apple ecosystem. Add to that iTunes on the cloud, and you have the best ecosystem out there.

You can even use iTunes Match to bring media to your iOS device.

OP: I will only say, RTFM

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
WelI, I see the Trolls are out...I found some tutorials but really none of them address the changing of the file types...As we all know from Android, PC use it transfers pretty seamlessly...Still looking for the work around, will post once I figure it out...Thanks

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
WelI, I see the Trolls are out...I found some tutorials but really none of them address the changing of the file types...As we all know from Android, PC use it transfers pretty seamlessly...Still looking for the work around, will post once I figure it out...Thanks
You can configure iTunes to keep mp3 as the default format and then import your music. By default iTunes will convert it to AAC.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so this isn't the Phone Wars subforum. The OP may be expressing an opinion, but also seems to be genuinely trying to figure out how to transfer music and videos onto the iPhone. Now, I'm not very familiar with iPhones or with the whole process of transferring media (I only use iTunes on my PC for an ancient iPod), so I thought I'd Google that question ("drag and drop music iPhone")--and it is in fact quite difficult to find a good answer, since the first couple of pages seem to include answers from 2011 and 2012, or posts from iPhone support forums (as opposed to official tutorials on an Apple support page). So I don't see this as necessarily a "let's bash iPhone" post--it's a significantly different process than on Android, and the OP is clearly not familiar with it.

Hopefully there are some folks on these forums who are familiar with iOS and who can point the OP in the right direction. But it might be more helpful to post the question in a forum like iMore (without the partisan comments, of course;)).

You use Itunes.... My 3 year old Niece can do it ... Just go to itunes put in the music onto it and sync ...

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. Copying files is even worse. It is a thing of the 90's
No I disagree having to use a proprietary to transfer the most standardized file format is taking us back to the stone age of computers.

It should not be so hard to transfer such basic format. And I should not have to be forced to install such a good awful app such as iTunes.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

If your trying to use FLAC files I don't believe that is even supported on iphone

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Install iTunes, sync stuff. It may be annoying but it is hardly difficult. In terms of movie files they should be MP4 format. If you hate cables you can sync via iTunes over WIFI.

I know many Android folk hate on iTunes. But is an easy way to allow people who are not used to technology to access their stuff. It is easy to manage everything from the same place.

What I find strange these days is people moving that much media. I have everything in some cloud service. I recently changed from an iPhone to a Moto X and I didn?t have to connect anything to get anything.

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Install iTunes, sync stuff. It may be annoying but it is hardly difficult. In terms of movie files they should be MP4 format. If you hate cables you can sync via iTunes over WIFI.

I know many Android folk hate on iTunes. But is an easy way to allow people who are not used to technology to access their stuff. It is easy to manage everything from the same place.

What I find strange these days is people moving that much media. I have everything in some cloud service. I recently changed from an iPhone to a Moto X and I didn?t have to connect anything to get anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I have everything on the "CLOUD" aka Google Drive? I have the Drive app on my N5, all the files work, I have the app on my multiple Android tablets, it works, even on my PC... I go to Google Drive sign in and all the files work...Music and Movies...The Itunes store has the Google Drive app, its installed but the iPhone does not recognize any of the files? Still looking...Thanks.:cool::cool: Go Rangers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar