My daughters iPhone 5s...I want it GONE!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
@crxssi @bulletmark OK this is a bit off topic but thank the lord that I can meet so many enlightened ones like myself, running Linux, in a place not meant for Linux.
But OP if you want drag and drop personally if I were stuck with an iPoop I would just jailbreak or get an mp3 prayer from the app store like I did when I was 9 with the then-new iPoop touch 4.. Eeh them were the days.

From mah shiny new Nexus 5

Your knowledge of drag and drop with iDevices is obviously limited. If the iDevice is connected to the same WiFi network as your computer, you can simply use your browser to upload files to the iDevice by drag and drop.

It's funny how a lot of Android users continuously bash Apple for being locked down and for consumers who aren't tech savvy enough to handle an Android device but then turn around and complain how complicated it is to upload files to an iDevice. Which one is it? Too simple or too complicated.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
If the iDevice is connected to the same WiFi network as your computer, you can simply use your browser to upload files to the iDevice by drag and drop. It's funny how a lot of Android users continuously bash Apple for being locked down and for consumers who aren't tech savvy enough to handle an Android device but then turn around and complain how complicated it is to upload files to an iDevice.

In fairness, let's not attempt to re-write history. For most of the life of "iDevices" (as you put it), they have, indeed, been extremely locked down, restricted, and dependent on proprietary software. Only in the last perhaps quarter of their existence have things been loosening up... and that is mostly due to third-party solutions and also Apple losing marketshare and having to adapt. For example, the only way Linux users could "talk" to an ipod for many years was using a special program by third-parties such as gtkpod https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gtkpod And with iphones and ipads, it wasn't possible to do much of anything without also having iTunes on an MS-Windows or MacOS computer until iOS 5 came out (just three years ago).

So people complaining that Apple products require non-FOSS computers and software or can't file transfer are wrong because they are working on outdated information. But they were certainly correct up until a few years ago.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
In fairness, let's not attempt to re-write history. For most of the life of "iDevices" (as you put it), they have, indeed, been extremely locked down, restricted, and dependent on proprietary software. Only in the last perhaps quarter of their existence have things been loosening up... and that is mostly due to third-party solutions and also Apple losing marketshare and having to adapt. For example, the only way Linux users could "talk" to an ipod for many years was using a special program by third-parties such as gtkpod https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gtkpod And with iphones and ipads, it wasn't possible to do much of anything without also having iTunes on an MS-Windows or MacOS computer until iOS 5 came out (just three years ago).

So people complaining that Apple products require non-FOSS computers and software or can't file transfer are wrong because they are working on outdated information. But they were certainly correct up until a few years ago.

So it's ok to keep living in the past? Is it ok for Android haters to keep bringing up how laggy Android was up until Project Butter? Is it ok for Android haters to keep bringing up how buggy Android was even though most bugs have been ironed out?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
So it's ok to keep living in the past? Is it ok for Android haters to keep bringing up how laggy Android was up until Project Butter? Is it ok for Android haters to keep bringing up how buggy Android was even though most bugs have been ironed out?

No more or less so than with Apple stuff, correct. I am not defending nor promoting iOS/Apple bashing in any way. I am just endeavoring to explain why it might be prevalent, especially for people on particular platforms.

Although, there is a difference between comparing what Apple intentionally designed on one hand, to what amounts to Android bugs/inefficiencies on the other.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I recently tried to add $$ to my iTunes acct so my son could buy a book. I didn't want to add a CC to it, just some funds.

So eff'n ridiculous, the hoops I had to jump thru to do something seemingly so simple!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Its funny how the FanBoi's are telling me how easy it is...Well I'm glad to see by these posts it is harder than they make it seem...And I agree I'm not wasting anymore time and Hoop Jumping on trying to transfer something that should just be SIMPLE to begin with. I thought for sure sending everything to Google Drive would solve the problem. Google Drive works on my PC, my two different tablets, my N5 etc...Google Drive, its in the App store but nothing works?:cool:

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Apparently we mostly missed Jerry's comments about keeping things civil. As a reminder, personal attacks/insults, trolling (including calling others trolls), inappropriate language and other disruptive posting behaviors should be avoided. If you have something useful to contribute and can do so in a respectful way, by all means contribute productive discussion. On the flip side, if you don't have anything other than trolling to contribute it is best to move on and say nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.