T-mobile Apple IOS8 UMA calling

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm that is intriguing though.... While I don't plan on moving back to ios (don't hate it but I find iPhone to small) unless they increase screen time to at least 5 inches it is good to know I now have another option to choose for a phone that has wifi calling which is a must for me since I get no service in my house

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that is intriguing though.... While I don't plan on moving back to ios (don't hate it but I find iPhone to small) unless they increase screen time to at least 5 inches it is good to know I now have another option to choose for a phone that has wifi calling which is a must for me since I get no service in my house

I'm not disturbed by the iphone's specs or whatever, but am that the iphone is an "unlocked" phone that's carrying tmobile's wifi calling. I don't think any of us would agree that wifi calling is bad and I don't know of a single person who wouldn't want this feature.

if Apple can implement it on their iPhone, why can't google on nexus? The iphone isn't carrier branded any more than nexus/GPE phones are

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not disturbed by the iphone's specs or whatever, but am that the iphone is an "unlocked" phone that's carrying tmobile's wifi calling. I don't think any of us would agree that wifi calling is bad and I don't know of a single person who wouldn't want this feature.

if Apple can implement it on their iPhone, why can't google on nexus? The iphone isn't carrier branded any more than nexus/GPE phones are

Yes but ios has it baked into the os similar to how T-Mobile branded phones have it baked in. Google would need to bake it into Android itself and I just don't see it happening any time soon. I would get a iPhone before I ever get another nexus device as far as phones go because of that.

While I liked the nexus 5... Once I changed to T-Mobile I sold it because I get no service with T-Mobile in my house and needed wifi calling so I got a note 3 instead

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes but ios has it baked into the os similar to how T-Mobile branded phones have it baked in. Google would need to bake it into Android itself and I just don't see it happening any time soon. I would get a iPhone before I ever get another nexus device as far as phones go because of that.

While I liked the nexus 5... Once I changed to T-Mobile I sold it because I get no service with T-Mobile in my house and needed wifi calling so I got a note 3 instead

Uh.. if Apple can integrate a "carrier" feature into their "unlocked" phone the question is why can't google...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Would the license for UMA allow the proprietary source and/or binaries to be posted publicly?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1