Reports WiFi glitch on Nexus not fixed with update

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
There is an entry on the Google Product Support Forum noting that this latest operating system update doesn't fix the WiFi glitch some of us have experienced. They ask for patience. Truly disappointed if this report is accurate. As noted in other threads, lack of a permanent fix earlier led me to jump ship. I will never come back. My son is still sticking despite the glitch and remains hopeful for a resolution. I hope he, too, isn't disappointed! Good luck to others hopeful of a fix for their WiFi glitch on the Nexus 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update. That was the 2nd most important bug fix I was waiting on. Got the new 4.3.3 and was at a Sports bar last night that normally works great only to find out my N5 wouldn't connect. Was thinking the bug fix didn't fix anything as promised. Note the place was very full for the NBA Championship game so there were a lot of phones connected. My friends Samsung Note 2 connected but even it was giving him messages about errors. I started playing with my Nexus 5's Advanced Wi-Fi setting but nothing worked. Then after about a hour it connected and no issues after that.

The N5's Wi-Fi is my biggest issue that only causes me problems in public Wi-Fi. I hate that the Fruit phone does this better since I hear it from my friends that own one.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Good luck. I do hope they fix soon. Loved the Nexus 5 and my exit wasn't my wish. However, I am pleased I am not afflicted by that glitch now. I do like the iPhone 5s, too. Hope my son gets fix for his Nexus 5.

jennyfur

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
What exactly is this glitch doing? Only curious because I've never had any problems with wifi on my N5. Shame that's not the case for everyone.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Simply loses WiFi repeatedly or simply doesn't hook up. Numerous temporary fixes to try. Listed in a thread here on WiFi problems. Or simply look up Nexus 5 WiFi problems and you will see many affected though many more are not.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech