Nexus 5 voicemail STILL NOT working after 4.4.3!

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm extremely frustrated with this matter. I waited patiently for this update that supposedly was going to fix this issue and it did not!

Before anyone suggests 3rd party alternatives, I would like for my REGULAR voicemail to work like a very one else's, and not having a third party app.

I called Sprint and they forwarded me to technical support (big help!...not) and they completely refreshed and reset my voicemail. Did not work. Brought it in to the repair center, they did NOTHING.

I have very important calls coming in and many times I can't answer. I need voicemail notifications! Is it that HARD for Google to do this right!?!

What should I do???

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's Google? I haven't seen others complaining about voicemail.. And my buddy who had the nexus 5 before the S5 didn't mention anything about it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's Google? I haven't seen others complaining about voicemail.. And my buddy who had the nexus 5 before the S5 didn't mention anything about it.

I'm 100% its a software problem that's not compatible with something to do with Sprint. Google had said this was one of the fixes....yet here we are.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm 100% its a software problem that's not compatible with something to do with Sprint. Google had said this was one of the fixes....yet here we are.

That sucks :(.

Zense

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I am with Sprint and have no problems with my voice mail, no visual voice mail app but I get an icon in my notification bar when I receive a new message.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am with Sprint and have no problems with my voice mail, no visual voice mail app but I get an icon in my notification bar when I receive a new message.

Has it always worked? Are you on 4.4.3?

Zense

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
When I first activated my phone I had some issues with the notification not going away. Called Sprint, they reset my voice mail and since then no problems at all.

Yes I am on 4.4.3

brodieb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I am also with Sprint and have zero issues with voicemail. I get the icon and it works just fine. I do wish we had a visual VM app but it works the old school way.

Posted via Android Central App

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am also with Sprint and have zero issues with voicemail. I get the icon and it works just fine. I do wish we had a visual VM app but it works the old school way.

When I first activated my phone I had some issues with the notification not going away. Called Sprint, they reset my voice mail and since then no problems at all.

Yes I am on 4.4.3

I wish.... Sprint has reset my voicemail twice already these past 2 says and it still didn't fix it.

I will prob do a factory reset, what do you guys think??

Zense

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
After upgrading I always do a factory reset. It can be a pain at times but I think its best to start with a clean slate. A lot of the times people have issues after updates, and a majority of them are eliminated by doing a reset. I am not saying its a must its just my preference.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
After upgrading I always do a factory reset. It can be a pain at times but I think its best to start with a clean slate. A lot of the times people have issues after updates, and a majority of them are eliminated by doing a reset. I am not saying its a must its just my preference.

Cool, thanks for your input.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Actually, the best way to do it would be to flash the factory image. No "upgrading", and no factory reset needed. A TRUE clean install is always best.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Voicemail is now working to perfection after 4.4.4 👌💪

Just thought I'd update ✌

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Voicemail is now working to perfection after 4.4.4 ????????????

Awesome!!.. I was going to say. Im on Sprint and I too have the Nexus 5 and never had a problem with voicemail.
but then again I did the update to kit kat 4.4.4 last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Voicemail is now working to perfection after 4.4.4 👌💪

Awesome!!.. I was going to say. Im on Sprint and I too have the Nexus 5 and never had a problem with voicemail.
but then again I did the update to kit kat 4.4.4 last week.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I read some where a few weeks ago when Sprint leaked the first report about 4.4.3 release that Sprint had some code included in 4.4.3 that enabled their Spark data network in 4.4.3.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I read some where a few weeks ago when Sprint leaked the first report about 4.4.3 release that Sprint had some code included in 4.4.3 that enabled their Spark data network in 4.4.3.

What does that have to do with voicemail?

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm on sprint and agree VM service is lacking. What they need to do is be like the other carriers and add an VM app on the playstore that works with unlocked / unbranded devices.

In the mean time though, I have my VM forwarded to Google voice (which is free) and it works great! I recommend trying it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR