Still did not get Android 4.4.3 on my Nexus 5. Waiting for over the air update.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My nexus 5 still did not get the 4.4.3 update. Using AT&T. Did anybody else NOT get the update who is using AT&T?
The update is not carrier dependent. Google pushes out the updates and it's based on device ID and the time frame in which your device has been selected to receive the update. Here is a little background on how updates are pushed to devices: morrildl comments on 4.4 Kitkat has started rolling out on the N4!

If you want to wait for the OTA be patient :).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Patience is necessary. I got my update for my Nexus 5, but my 2012 and 2013 Nexus 7's are still waiting.

anon(8198526)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
its been close to a month and my nexus 5 is still on 4.4.2. My 2012 nexus 7 has updated but not my phone. I dont understand why not. My flat mate has a nexus 5 aswell and his hasnt updated either. Im hearing people with Moto x and g are receiving theirs already, well weres the nexus 5 update. Isnt that the point of the nexus, to be always up to date? People are saying just flash the factory image but thats not the point. If apple can do it why is google so crap at timely uniformed updates.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
its been close to a month and my nexus 5 is still on 4.4.2. My 2012 nexus 7 has updated but not my phone. I dont understand why not. My flat mate has a nexus 5 aswell and his hasnt updated either. Im hearing people with Moto x and g are receiving theirs already, well weres the nexus 5 update. Isnt that the point of the nexus, to be always up to date? People are saying just flash the factory image but thats not the point. If apple can do it why is google so crap at timely uniformed updates.

Where are you located? Do you leave wifi on? Do you restart your phone everyday? I received the updates on my 2012 Nexus 7 several days ago. I do not use it often and the update downloaded when I turned it on. I just repurchased a Nexus 5 after having one and selling it. My new Nexus 5 updated to 4.4.3 as soon as I entered the wifi password. A few minutes later it prompted the 4.4.4 update which was very small and quick update. So all up to date in DFW.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You should install the factory images for 4.4.4 yourself. You should have received the 4.4.3 update a long time ago, rather then trying to figure out why you've dropped off the map the easist thing is to just download the factory image and install it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad