Cracked my Nexus 5 screen

mazhar92

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
So I managed to break my nexus 5 screen by dropping it at a ROCK! The glass has got cracks but I am using it right now. Screen and touch are working fine. I want to know if ONLY glass can be replaced or not. Also how much would it cost?

Cindy Claussen

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have had great service with repairs from iResQ.com. I have had screens replaced on a Nexus 4 and a SGS 3. They also seem to set their prices competitively with supply cost and demand.

Posted via Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
So I managed to break my nexus 5 screen by dropping it at a ROCK! The glass has got cracks but I am using it right now. Screen and touch are working fine. I want to know if ONLY glass can be replaced or not. Also how much would it cost?

Short answer; no. Not reliably.

Most modern phones embed the touch sensors into the glass...to they are no longer separate. You end up having to replace the entire display module.

I have seen claims that you can replace just the glass part yourself by buying the parts online (the ones I saw were around $20 or $25), but I've already heard a lot of people complain about the responsiveness of them...so I would just get it replaced by a real tech with OEM parts. When I did it, it came to about $150 after taxes and labor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane