4.4.4 Factory Images Posted

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
OTA zip is now available - if you don't want to wait for the OTA to be pushed.
http://android.clients.google.com/p...ed-hammerhead-KTU84P-from-KTU84M.c08cce45.zip

If you are rooted with custom recovery, download this to your phone, go to recovery, and flash this (along with supersu). (if you have Xposed or any other system changes, you may need to revert back to stock)

If you are unrooted, adb sideload from your PC

I just tried to flash this through twrp and it failed. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via Android Central App

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
So will they push a OTA update then eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, some people are reportedly already getting it. I just sideloaded when I got home from work. Took but a few minutes :)

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to flash this through twrp and it failed. Am I doing something wrong?
If it failed, yes, it is likely that you did something wrong :)
Are you completely stock? Or have you made system changes? (replaced/deleted any files on the system partition)

So will they push a OTA update then eventually.
If the OTA zip file link is available, that means that somebody somewhere got the OTA, and was kind enough to copy the file name before installing the OTA. The OTA location is always the same - just the filename changes. So, in summary, yes, somebody already got the OTA, and that's why we have the OTA zip file

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Interesting.

I should be able to side load this one, but I'm in no hurry, and will probably wait a week.

Is it anything other than just the heartbleed fix?

electronicwiz1

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has gotten the 4.4.4 OTA yet? I still haven't gotten it yet, and would rather not flash it just in case there was a problem with the update and they pulled it.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has gotten the 4.4.4 OTA yet? I still haven't gotten it yet, and would rather not flash it just in case there was a problem with the update and they pulled it.

If the OTA zip file link is available, that means that somebody somewhere got the OTA, and was kind enough to copy the file name before installing the OTA. The OTA location is always the same - just the filename changes. So, in summary, yes, somebody already got the OTA, and that's why we have the OTA zip file

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I used the Flash-All bat script Google provides. The only thing I backed up was my texts. Starting fresh is always nice. My N5 feels a bit faster now without a lot of gunk installed and random folders all over the place.

Alex Karim

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got it but it keeps saying failed to download. I tried to restart my phone. No luck. Any help?

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I just got it on my nexus 7. I was hoping it would change the default runtime from Dalvic to Art but no dice. I have read that Google is officially going with ART as the default starting with the next release. That must mean android 5.0.