sprint 2 yr contract monthly charge..

bkunchanapalli

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I've come to know that sprint offers 2 yr contract with nexus 5.. opening a line is $36 and for nexus 5 it's $99

But i want to know how much i'll be charged monthly in the contract..

Besides sprint, are there any other carriers which has offers...

I'm on t-mobile family plan of 5 members which costs me ~$26 monthly...

Should i buy the phone directly from google store? which costs me around $340..?

What do you suggest?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've come to know that sprint offers 2 yr contract with nexus 5.. opening a line is $36 and for nexus 5 it's $99

But i want to know how much i'll be charged monthly in the contract..

Besides sprint, are there any other carriers which has offers...

I'm on t-mobile family plan of 5 members which costs me ~$26 monthly...

Should i buy the phone directly from google store? which costs me around $340..?

What do you suggest?

check out www.swappa.com.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I just hit my upgrade on Sprint today. I ordered the Nexus 5 through Amazon, with a cost of $19.99.
None will be able to tell you off hand the contract plan cost because they vary.
My plan is $40, but because of Family Plan.

Posted via Android Central App

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If you are on T-Mobile why switch to Sprint? You should always buy your N5 directly from Google and get a non-contract plan. If you want better coverage then you should switch to AT&T, they discount their non-contract plans by $15/month when you bring yoru own device and they have a much better network then Sprint or T-Mobile. If you can live with T-Moble's coverage then you should stick with them, they are the cheapest.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If you can afford it, get the phone directly from Google play store (personally, I'd suggest getting the 32GB version for an extra $50 - but that's because I know I need it).
(Assuming you are ok with the 16GB,) If you are moving to Sprint, and play to be with Sprint for 2 years, you are probably better off getting the phone on contract with Sprint - this is because Sprint doesn't offer any discount for buying your own phone outright. And if I'm not mistaken, Sprint (postpaid) will tie you into a contract anyway when you sign on for the first time.

As bjrosen said, why are you considering switching to Sprint from T-mo? Unless you are in a confirmed Sprint Spark area (don't trust Sprint's maps - those are outright lies in many cases), it is very likely that T-mo will have better speeds (Exception: if you are not in a major city, or if you travel to smaller cities, T-mo coverage will be spotty).
I'm with Sprint, and despite a grandfathered plan, am thinking about switching to T-mo or ATT later this year because of lousy data speeds. Unlimited dialup speeds... ugh

bkunchanapalli

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
well if sprint charges $25-30/month (which is what i want to find out) in it's 2 yr contract plan and the price of Nexus-5 is 99$ (if i sign up in the plan) only... then it'd be better to go with sprint since t-mobile charges me 28$/month and if i buy N5 from google store.. it'd be $340..

as for me the deciding factor is how much will i be charged monthly with sprint.. but people say the charges varies with the different phones.. and i've also heard the bad talk about sprint maps, coverage, speeds..

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
well if sprint charges $25-30/month (which is what i want to find out)

Using Sprint's advertised plans, a "framily" of 5 will get a cost of $35 per line (unlimited talk/text + 1GB data per line). Check it out at Sprint.com
If you have 7 or more friends/family joining a single plan, the cost goes down to $25 per line (same allowances)

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on Sprint and bought my Nexus 5 straight from Google with the plan to leave Sprint when my contract ends later this year. I'm fed up with their network.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on Sprint and bought my Nexus 5 straight from Google with the plan to leave Sprint when my contract ends later this year. I'm fed up with their network.

I did the same thing... Bought a Nexus 5, 32 gig straight from Google in November of last year to replace my GS3 early.... waited until my contract was up and I bolted for T-Mobile.... after 17 years with Sprint and the last 6+ with a smart phone I got tired of their network and promises... So far T-Mobile has been awesome.... Only problem with T-Mobile is that when you hit your high speed data cap (I get 5 gig at 4G then it throttles back) the throttled speed is SLOW..... but with Sprint I averaged only 1 gig per month and now I easily use 6 gig every month... These last couple of days each month after my 5 gig allotment sucks though.. but I'm actually able to USE MY PHONE now...

Might actually have to upgrade to the unlimited 4G plan... Right now I use the $30 100 minutes talk, 5 gig 4G LTE (unlimited data) and unlimited text since I only average 70 minutes per month talk as is....

buy yeah buy the phone out right and get a cheaper plan if you can afford to buy the phone....

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The sprint Framily plan means it's ($60 - $5 * Phone in the Framily, max 7) per line for unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of data. 3 GB of data is $10 more per line, unlimited is $20 per line.

If you're serious about moving to Sprint, PM me. I'm on a Framily plan with only 2 members at the moment and would love to get others on it to cut my bill down a bit. (Bills are separate, but the discounts add up, though they may take a month or two to go though)

The framily plan isn't a contract plan though, so if you purchased the phone though sprint, you'd pay tax, and then pay off the phone though no interest over the course of 2 years. I think that runs about $14-16 a month. If you can afford to, go though the google store instead.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Also purchased a launch-day 32gig, black N5 with the possibility of leaving Sprint. Had them since 2004, and moved to a 3G Android Froyo device in 2010. Between questionable 3G performance, and reading about the Wimax-Spark sequence of events, I tried the $30 T-Mobile prepaid plan on the N5 over the winter to compare. Faster average and peaks in my area, but the rural data travel drop-off & 2G throttle speed were hard to swallow.

As of the N5's official Spark update, the rollout has so far exceeded my doubts based on Sprint's previous performance, with even more improvements scheduled. I now feel I need to stick around to see how this all shapes up. At least with my discount, the monthly plan sans contract seems in-line with or less than the competition, but touts unlimited LTE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37