Nexus 4 - Broken Screen - Mouse

k8fall

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got back from a vacation in Europe where my screen for my Nexus 4 broke. I can tell my operating system is still functioning because I am receiving alerts. The problem is I can't unlock my screen. When i plug my phone into the computer it will not let me into my phone because the screen is locked and it reads as having no files. I bought a plug to attach a mouse to my phone hoping that would help me unlock it. I read that on another thread. I tried to plug it in and it isn't working. I see no cursor.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I have a bunch of photos that weren't backed up since I was in Europe with no Internet Connection that I really want to get off.

Thank you!!

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Too bad you don't have SD...then your photos would be safe.

Did you try connecting it to a PC? If you can't, then your operating system might not be functioning as much as you think.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
If you have adb enabled you can control it through adb, though it is rather cumbersome to use text commands to emulate touch events.

The Nexus 4 can do USB OTG, but it doesn't provide any power to connected devices, so you'd need a splitter to provide power to anything you hook up, and then I don't know if it will work without a custom kernel.

Posted via Android Central App