How do I transfer EVERYTHING from one Nexus 5 to another?

RAZRBAKK

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Google is replacing my Nexus 5 because of some issues I've been having. What would be the easiest way to transfer everything I have on my current phone to the new one when it arrives?

Thanks guys.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I think that when the new phone arrives you just write your gmail account and your password to upload your stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Google is replacing my Nexus 5 because of some issues I've been having. What would be the easiest way to transfer everything I have on my current phone to the new one when it arrives?

Thanks guys.

What do you mean by "everything". Anything synchronized with Google should be present. During setup of the new phone, be sure to allow it to restore from Google and it will include things like Wifi and Bluetooth connections. Games saves, locally saved files, etc are all hit or miss.

What is your phone being replaced for? If it's not software related, you could create a custom backup of your existing phone and restore it to the new one. There are also a number of backup tools like Helium Backup or Titanium Backup that may do what you are looking for.

RAZRBAKK

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean by "everything". Anything synchronized with Google should be present. During setup of the new phone, be sure to allow it to restore from Google and it will include things like Wifi and Bluetooth connections. Games saves, locally saved files, etc are all hit or miss.

What is your phone being replaced for? If it's not software related, you could create a custom backup of your existing phone and restore it to the new one. There are also a number of backup tools like Helium Backup or Titanium Backup that may do what you are looking for.

It's a hardware issue. I'm running Nova Launcher with everything very customized, and I just don't wanna have to do all of that again. How would I go about creating a custom backup?

I'll look into those programs.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Do a Nandroid backup. If you're rooted, you can then move the directory from your phone to your PC, then move it again to your new phone once you root it.. Not sure if you can if you're not rooted.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a hardware issue. I'm running Nova Launcher with everything very customized, and I just don't wanna have to do all of that again. How would I go about creating a custom backup?

To restate BESPINCT's question, what do you mean by everything?
Start by defining "everything", down to individual apps.

Anything stored with Google - gmail, photos/Videos (assuming you auto-upload to G+), music/books/Movies (on GooglePlay) etc will be auto-restored when you log in to new device with same Google account.

Phone call history/ SMS history will NOT be auto-backed up, so if you need that, you will need to back it up using other options (Helium if you are not rooted, or Titanium backup if you are rooted)

Game progress will be saved to Google plus *IF* that game has the option to save progress to Google Play, and you have chosen that option. If not, look at Helium or Titanium Backup.

Launcher settings - you can go into Nova settings, and backup the settings to a file, and back that file up to your Google Drive account - and then, restore that file on your new phone (after installing Nova, and all other apps).

<anything else?>

Nandroid (if your bootloader is unlocked) will work as well - but remember to NOT restore the EFS partition from one phone to another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome