Nexus 5 Stuck at Google Screen with a variety of problems

AdmiralSym

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have the Google Nexus 5 and I have been running into a large amount of problems that then all come to this one problem.

It started when I realized that the camera does not take video. I did not really care until now. I also noticed that when I plug my Nexus 5 into any usb port on all the computers I have, (PC and Mac) it does not recognize. When I go into device manager, it is not shown under any of the tabs. I have looked up online as to how to get the USB to be recognized and every method did not work. This is a rooted device with TWRP so I went into recovery and checked every box to wipe everything. I guess that deleted the rom because it is now stuck at the Google screen and when in recovery, the device manager still does not recognize my phone. I have not tried to install a rom though OTG but would that even fix my problem? What else can I do? Everything I have is synced to drop box though Titanium Backup.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I have the Google Nexus 5 and I have been running into a large amount of problems that then all come to this one problem.

It started when I realized that the camera does not take video. I did not really care until now. I also noticed that when I plug my Nexus 5 into any usb port on all the computers I have, (PC and Mac) it does not recognize. When I go into device manager, it is not shown under any of the tabs. I have looked up online as to how to get the USB to be recognized and every method did not work. This is a rooted device with TWRP so I went into recovery and checked every box to wipe everything. I guess that deleted the rom because it is now stuck at the Google screen and when in recovery, the device manager still does not recognize my phone. I have not tried to install a rom though OTG but would that even fix my problem? What else can I do? Everything I have is synced to drop box though Titanium Backup.
Hopefully you have this sorted out and the device booted. If not, restore the factory image (get the latest package from Google here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images) and get setup. This should solve your problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey