Upgradind advice needed - Nexus 5 or tablet ?? Maybe Nvidia Shield tablet...

Afterlife737

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey !

So I got my hands on a Nexus 7 2013 and have been using it for nearly a week now. I will sadly be taking it back though because I find the screen to small ( for my needs - 8" is the sweet spot) and for the still pretty high price, not very future-proof in this world of 64-bit K1 chips. Don't get me wrong - the Nexus 7 is AMAZING. It is the first tablet I have ever owned and I am blown away by it. I used to think that everything I ever needed to do, I could get done on my phone or on a computer and that there is no need in investing in any portable device between that. Be it a laptop, tablet or gaming device.... I will be starting college in September and this last year my phone on which I relied on for everything from e-mails, YouTube, camera morning news reading, studying before tests, downloading files sent to me, editing presentations and docs, music, communicating with people to everything I do on my computer just suddenly couldn't handle my expectations. My Gnex just suddenly started feeling ANCIENT. The battery is still original since day one I in early 2012 and lasts 5 hours at most with Wi-fi, bluetooth, data and basically everything ( including the screen) turned off. It has had two screen replacements, has been drowned once, had a new camera lens aswell and has been beaten and battered unbelievably and has unfortunately

The Nexus 7 I had really opened my eyes. Maybe it's the new hardware and good optimization, but it handled the everyday tasks I do soooooo much better than my Gnex. It was great to have that larger screen for reading and YouTube and presentations and..... come to think of it - everything I ever did on my phone I could do better on this bigger slab...... But I only have £230 so I can only afford a tablet OR a phone.So I need to upgrade, shouldn't I just use an old Nokia phone and buy a tablet ? For instance the new Shield Tablet looks great ! I love stock Android and the stylus would be a great plus for school work....

Or I could buy a Nexus 5 and have all the same power as a tablet, still be able to have my data plan and use that for internet when I want AND have a good phone camera on which I rely on a lot... I haven't used a Nexus 5 yet, but I plan to try to get one for a few days to try it out

I'm really stuck - based on my situation, I wouldn't want to get rid of my data plan, but I love the size of the tablets :/
Please help and thnx allot for reading this far, any reply and advice means allot !! :)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 5.

As smartphones get bigger and do more, there are fewer good reasons for people to pony up several hundred dollars for a tablet, says Benedict Evans, an analyst and investor with the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. Consumers are perfectly fine using their iPhone or Samsung Galaxy smartphone to browse the Web, play games, or scan e-mail while watching TV or lying in bed, Evans says, and that trend will likely continue as phone screens keep growing.

Tablet Sales Slowdown Comes Sooner Than Expected - Businessweek

Afterlife737

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5.

As smartphones get bigger and do more, there are fewer good reasons for people to pony up several hundred dollars for a tablet, says Benedict Evans, an analyst and investor with the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. Consumers are perfectly fine using their iPhone or Samsung Galaxy smartphone to browse the Web, play games, or scan e-mail while watching TV or lying in bed, Evans says, and that trend will likely continue as phone screens keep growing.

Tablet Sales Slowdown Comes Sooner Than Expected - Businessweek

Thank you ! I great article, definitely something for me to consider! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers