Nexus 5 KitKat 4.4.4 WiFi Issue

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. After I updated to Android 4.4.4, I noticed that my WiFi will stop working some time after connecting to a network. At home, when I first connect, everything works fine but after a bit (not sure how much time will pass), the connection will work, even though it still shows it as connected. Chrome and Facebook (and other internet apps) will not connect and/or give a network error. I turn off WiFi and I can get a connection again via LTE. Is there any fix or way to solve this? I have not done a factory reset yet. I will do that as a last resort. Just didn't know if there was any other fix. I did try having the phone "forget" my network and re-enter the network key but the same issue happens.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted and if there is a solution, just point me to the correct thread.

Thanks,

Rob

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This never happens to me or others I know, nor is it a common problem reported in forums so I suggest it is something wrong with your home network.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this issue when I am connected to WiFi at my work. But everyone their has the same issue, regardless of manufacturer of phone. The WiFi their has a weak signal, so no one can stay connected to it. This is the only time I have the issue, can connect and stay connected to WiFi everywhere else including at home.. I'd say to check your signal from your router/internet provider..

Posted via Android Central App

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried switching to a different router ( I have two hooked up). I haven't had any problems with my laptop, Roku or iPad staying connected to that router. I will try the other one and see what happens.

Thanks everyone.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Since it worked fine up until the update I would rule out the router. Try clearing the partition cache. You won't lose and data doing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith