Mac won't recognize my Google Nexus 5

PleaseStandUp

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey There,

Android noob here. Just bought my first android device (Nexus 5/ 4.4.3) and when I got home I tried connecting it to my MacBook Pro but to no avail. I've since downloaded Android Transfer which seems to do the trick. I'm able to transfer files from my Mac to my android. However, when I've taken pictures on the phone I can't seem to see them under the "camera/pictures" folder. Also, I'm a little concerned about the Nexus 5 when I disconnect, since it doesn't seem to have a proper "disconnect device" option in Android Transfer....right now I'm simply pulling the usb plug to disconnect.

I did some reading that you have to "USB Debugging" your phone in order to get Mac to recognize the android device. Please help and thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Android Noob

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey There,

Also, I'm a little concerned about the Nexus 5 when I disconnect, since it doesn't seem to have a proper "disconnect device" option in Android Transfer....right now I'm simply pulling the usb plug to disconnect.

I did some reading that you have to "USB Debugging" your phone in order to get Mac to recognize the android device. Please help and thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Android Noob

on that, I don't think you have to worry about android unmounts, you were doing it right all along -

Mac transfer

To transfer files, Android File Transfer must be installed on your computer. Android File Transfer is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 or later and Android 3.0 or later.
1.Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer.
2.Open Android File Transfer. (The next time you connect your device, it should open automatically.)
3.Make sure your device’s screen is unlocked.
4.Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable. ◦If you’re asked to select a USB connection on your device, choose Media device (MTP).

5.Use the Android File Transfer window that pops up on your computer to drag and drop files.
6.Disconnect the USB cable when you’re finished.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000