is nexus 5 still worth getting?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of returning the device just because I'm worried the. 6. Might be a lot better and fix the battery issue of the 5. I'm also not too sure how the phone would hold up if I use it for the next year or two in comparison to my 5S.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In a word, yes the Nexus 5 is still a good phone. I just had a friend at work today ask me which phone I would suggest for her sister to get. I gave 2 options: Moto X and Nexus 5.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of returning the device just because I'm worried the. 6. Might be a lot better and fix the battery issue of the 5. I'm also not too sure how the phone would hold up if I use it for the next year or two in comparison to my 5S.

I got mine a couple weeks ago and I have to say I love it. I have no concerns about using this for a couple years. But if you do then by all means return it

Posted via the Android Central App

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh weird, my phone started doing this thing where in the notification shade when I toggle between notifications panel and the utility panel (wifi,battery,cell signal, etc) there was this weird blue glitch line that showed up in the uoer screen. I turned it off and back on and seems to have fixed it, but now I'm nervous something's wring :/

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, let me recap this:
You bought a phone, then after that you started to think about if it was right and discuss troubles you might have in various threads. Then at last you have the phone in your hands and worry a bit more about what problems and glitches it might or could have.
Have I outlined this right?

So what exactly do you expect from us? Shall we ease your ongoing sorrows? Shall we affirm them? Because I have yet to hear one single real problem you have with the phone, so I would in all earnesty assume that any problems at the moment are more due to nervousness and a troubled mind, than to anything physically notifyable.
On the other hand, we are just smartphone geeks here and mostly not therapists of any kind.

Therefore all the help you will get here is with real troubles you have with your Nexus 5.
As for the worries that plague you, I think you have to appease them yourself, because noone can help you from "fearing" or "expecting" bad things.

Ok?

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

The battery life is being improved drastically with Android L. Any other issues you have with the device?

I bought it less than a month ago, don't regret it.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
The battery life is being improved drastically with Android L. Any other issues you have with the device?

I bought it less than a month ago, don't regret it.

Only other issue was that weird glitch in notification center. But that seems to be fixed for now. Still wasn't sure what it was, though.

cbobb123

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok, let me recap this:
You bought a phone, then after that you started to think about if it was right and discuss troubles you might have in various threads. Then at last you have the phone in your hands and worry a bit more about what problems and glitches it might or could have.
Have I outlined this right?

So what exactly do you expect from us? Shall we ease your ongoing sorrows? Shall we affirm them? Because I have yet to hear one single real problem you have with the phone, so I would in all earnesty assume that any problems at the moment are more due to nervousness and a troubled mind, than to anything physically notifyable.
On the other hand, we are just smartphone geeks here and mostly not therapists of any kind.

Therefore all the help you will get here is with real troubles you have with your Nexus 5.
As for the worries that plague you, I think you have to appease them yourself, because noone can help you from "fearing" or "expecting" bad things.

Ok?

Haha, can't tell if you're joking or actually serious😂

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm gonna go ahead and keep the phone. I think android L should solve any battery issues I might have, or at least I hope. If not, whatever. Its not terrible as is right now. I did send in a return request though, so I'm hoping I can call Google up and cancel that return request. Or just ignore it.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Haha, can't tell if you're joking or actually serious??????

Well generally I am seroius with this (with a bit "tongue in cheek"). We all know the nervousness, when we buy a new tech-toy. Ofcourse most of it is anticipation, but some of it is fear or hope that everything is allright.
But most of the people I know (including myself) are FIRST checking what that thing does and what its problems might be and so on and THEN they buy the thingy. RavenSword seemed to have bought the Nexus 5 and only afterwards voiced his concerns (in more than one thread), which I found a bit confusing.

Therefore I was not sure, what he wanted to hear from us, and (as is my way) asked him. Shall we alleviate his concerns? Or is group councelling his need? I honestly don't know.

I still can't figure out yet if he already HAS a problem with the battery life or if he is just EXPECTING one ...
I don't mean anything evil or try to be cynic. If someone has a problem, I' to help within my possibilities. It might be me, but as of now I don't know what the heck his problems are ... :confused:

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm gonna go ahead and keep the phone. I think android L should solve any battery issues I might have, or at least I hope. If not, whatever. Its not terrible as is right now.

What phone were you previously using? Do you have anything to compare with your Nexus 5, especially with respect to battery life?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm gonna go ahead and keep the phone. I think android L should solve any battery issues I might have, or at least I hope. If not, whatever. Its not terrible as is right now. I did send in a return request though, so I'm hoping I can call Google up and cancel that return request. Or just ignore it.

If your birthday is in October you'll have a good reason to sell the Nexus 5 if you don't love it, and buy something else like maybe the 6.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Why wouldn't you get the nexus 5 now?? Its still a great phone, will still be the 1st to get future upgrades.. And who knows how much the next nexus will be, or what its true specs will be, as of now everything we've heard us pure rumor, their has been nothing definite on specs or launch date.. If I didn't already have one and had the money on me to spend then I'd go ahead and get it..

Posted via Android Central App

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Why wouldn't you get the nexus 5 now?? Its still a great phone, will still be the 1st to get future upgrades.. And who knows how much the next nexus will be, or what its true specs will be, as of now everything we've heard us pure rumor, their has been nothing definite on specs or launch date.. If I didn't already have one and had the money on me to spend then I'd go ahead and get it..

Based on previous releases and the fact that most companies release an upgraded flagship once a year you can bet the 6 will be arriving in late October or early November. And while the specs are only rumored its worth at least waiting to see what the 6 brings to the table rather than buy a phone that is almost a year old. I love my 5 but am praying everyday the 6 houses a larger battery.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
To end this discussion Android doesn't need beastly specifications to run smoothly, and Nexus 5 does have beastly specifications.

It runs all apps and games very smoothly and enabling ART makes the performance even better.

As time has passed the device has constantly gotten better, and I find no problems with this device at all.

It's still a very worthy device. Don't worry too much about it.

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
To end this discussion Android doesn't need beastly specifications to run smoothly, and Nexus 5 does have beastly specifications.

It runs all apps and games very smoothly and enabling ART makes the performance even better.

As time has passed the device has constantly gotten better, and I find no problems with this device at all.

It's still a very worthy device. Don't worry too much about it.

Exactly. I agree. Whatever the next Nexus brings, the Nexus 5's functionality will not be lessened.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad