Quick Question Regarding ios emojis With The N5

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i had a gs3 with the jellybean keyboard and the handcent emoji plug in. That combo is easy to use and the emoji when selected look a bit different but bearable and come through the same as they would on an ios to ios device. I've since decided to ditch my gs3 and use my nexus full time, i installed the same two apps and it works the same except the emojis when selected look like hideous ugly blobs with eys or smiles lol. Two questions

1. Is there anyway i could get the emojis to come out like they did on the gs3 (which ran kit kat btw)
2. is jellybean keyboard and handcent emoji plug in the best combo for ios emojis i'm a bit board with the jbk

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i had a gs3 with the jellybean keyboard and the handcent emoji plug in. That combo is easy to use and the emoji when selected look a bit different but bearable and come through the same as they would on an ios to ios device. I've since decided to ditch my gs3 and use my nexus full time, i installed the same two apps and it works the same except the emojis when selected look like hideous ugly blobs with eys or smiles lol. Two questions

1. Is there anyway i could get the emojis to come out like they did on the gs3 (which ran kit kat btw)
2. is jellybean keyboard and handcent emoji plug in the best combo for ios emojis i'm a bit board with the jbk

Thanks.
Unfortunately Emoji's are unique to the device and/or manufacturer. If Samsung had a set of unique Emoji's, which is seems like they do, then you won't be able to use those on the Nexus 5. Keyboard apps and plugins only have access to Emoji's included in the device, and don't use their own Emoji to be run on the device.

This Swiftkey post seems to explain it a little better: Why are my emoji different from other apps or iOS? – SwiftKey Customer Support

In short, you are stuck with those Emoji on the Nexus 5 unless you are using a third-party application that uses it's own set on it's service.

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If you use a SMS app other than Hangouts, some have support for iOS Emojis. 8sms, Textra, chomp SMS, and probably others have support for it.

Yung_Dilla

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks i have a few more questions. Is there a way to organize the gallery? Every time I'm sent a new picture it makes a new folder and it's annoying i have like 20 different folders and i can't move all the pictures to one particular folder to have it organized.

Also voice memos i have a few that were sent to me from other people and they appear in my google play anyway to avid that? That's not something i want coming up while i'm playing music.

I have transferred like 12 different songs to my nexus but google play only shows like half of them the others are no where to be found even tho they still show when connected to the my computer.

Last but not least I moved a few videos over from my gs3 and those also are no where to be found.

Just wondering if you know how to fix those issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance