nexus 5 or galaxy 4?

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It really really depends on who you ask, and truly on what you want.
You want timely updates? Stock Android? No carrier bloat/software? No manufacturer bloat/software? Easy rooting/unlocking without worry about flash counters? Flexibility to move phone to any carrier (except verizon)? Get the Nexus 5.

You are ok with delayed updates? Don't need rooting/unlocking? Need carrier software (like WiFi calling)? Want the manufacturer software/skin etc? Still get the Nexus 5 :) (or get the S4)

You are asking in the Nexus 5 forum - what'd you expect? :)

In all fairness, the S4 does have a fancier camera app, removable battery, and microSD storage card.

Paletta2

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'll say Nexus 5, I had the GS 4, and the 5 but I don't find in me to love them as I love my Nexus 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung GS3 was a world of trouble and sorrow for me for one and a halve year, especially after having switched over from lovely WebOS...

The Nexus 5 made me make peace with Android again. Smooth, stable and fast. That's what i want. That's what I need.

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have moved from the S4 to the Nexus 5 recently and I think it was a great decision. As mentioned above, the S4 will give you (cons) bloatware, delayed updates, questionable extra features (I turned them all off anyway) and (pro's) removable storage slot, removable battery, better camera.

I bought a 32G N5 and its more than enough for me, the battery has not been an issue (between 8 hours (heavy use) and 16 hours (light use)) but I ensure i don't have battery draining apps (Facebook seemed to be a culprit). For me it is a delight to only have apps installed that I need/want. The default Google apps for me are more pleasing than the dated look of the Samsung ones (such as Keep v S Note, Email, SMS and dialer apps etc)

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
which one should i take?O:)

Is there a specific reason you like the Galaxy S4? If not, get the Nexus.

The Nexus will have a better camera, faster UI, and will get updates longer (and quicker). It will also be cheaper.

The S4 will have better battery life and SD expansion.

If it was me, I'd say get the Nexus 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar