Sudden Spam Epidemic

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
For months I did not receive a single unsolicited phone call on my Nexus 5. Since I'm mostly deaf, I didn't really get any phone calls. I did get spam SMS messages but I've blocked them and haven't had even one in weeks. But, a few days ago I started getting phone calls. None are local calls. Theyre all from distant area codes. I'm wondering if you have any opinions on why I had none for months and now a flood of different numbers calling me?

I did download Call Control and started sticking the numbers in the black list. In the last three hours I've added four numbers.

Me? I'm guessing my service provider has sold a list of cellphone numbers to telemarketers.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Did your credit rating recently raise alittle placing you in another pre-screened pre-approved bracket?

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Did your credit rating recently raise alittle placing you in another pre-screened pre-approved bracket?

lol.. @ ptkelly

I don't think z'dorda's asking this to be funny,

but you'd be shocked at HOW spammers acquire details, such as phone numbers, emails, etc..

it wouldn't be anything of your intentional own doing, for example;

I ran into a friend from long ago, who I had his number, but him having another sim card didn't have mine..

**as soon as I gave him my number** I noticed the next day, from then on, DAILY, I received group spam messages, I linked this sudden occurrence to me giving him my number, which I never saw in the group messages headers..

back track to who you gave your number out to just before this spamming started..

the same with regular mail, once your credit rating go up a notch, watch how you start to get all these offers for credit cards in the mail..

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I am not joking at all. I have been building my credit back up the passed few years and as soon as was over 700 I started getting just crazy amounts of pre-screened pre-approved junk mail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer