Hi guys, so I recently bought a nexus 5 I just got it like 5 days ago. My problem is that I have some lag problems. My phone lags when I play games like Dead trigger 2. I also have this game called Kritika, I don't know if you've heard of it, it's from Gamevil, and it lags pretty bad. So why is this? It's a Nexus 5, I shouldn't have problems with the Snapdragon 800 processor. I also seem to have a little stutter in fruit ninja. Is it just me or do I have a defective device. Or is there nothing wrong with it? Can someone please tell me whether I should send it back or not? Thank you.
    09-10-2014 08:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It may be due to other apps that are running, and perhaps trying to refresh data or update in the background (like Facebook or other social media apps). Try turning off the Auto Sync function, or go to individual apps and change their refresh settings to manual.

You could also try wiping the system cache partition, although if the phone is brand new, that might not help much. It also won't hurt, though. Be aware that the process can take up to 10 minutes on a Nexus 5. http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...-recovery.html

Some games just lag. I play Family Guy: Quest for Stuff, and it lags on both my Nexus 5 and 2013 Nexus 7. But Fruit Ninja shouldn't.
    Welcome to Android Central! It may be due to other apps that are running, and perhaps trying to refresh data or update in the background (like Facebook or other social media apps). Try turning off the Auto Sync function, or go to individual apps and change their refresh settings to manual.

You could also try wiping the system cache partition, although if the phone is brand new, that might not help much. It also won't hurt, though. Be aware that the process can take up to 10 minutes on a Nexus 5. http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...-recovery.html

Some games just lag. I play Family Guy: Quest for Stuff, and it lags on both my Nexus 5 and 2013 Nexus 7. But Fruit Ninja shouldn't.
    09-10-2014 08:38 PM
    I've come to the conclusion that the Facebook app is a detriment to all Android devices. It doesn't happen on iOS, and I don't know why. But Facebook slows android down BIG TIME.

I set Facebook notifications to email, uninstalled the app on all my Androids, and use m.Facebook.com. Works just fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2014 09:24 PM
    I deleted Facebook altogether. Its not worth all the problems is causes. I just view fb through chrome now.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-28-2014 10:48 PM