How do you change the lock screen wallpaper?

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to find a setting that does this on my Nexus 5. Am I just missing it? Is there an app that does this? I'm not rooted, by the way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The stock Google Now Launcher doesn't allow you to select a different wallpaper for the lockscreen compared to the homescreen. There are probably apps or alternative launchers that can give you that function.

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The stock Google Now Launcher doesn't allow you to select a different wallpaper for the lockscreen compared to the homescreen. There are probably apps or alternative launchers that can give you that function.

Yes, I realize that. I'm using an alternative launcher that does not have the option, so I wanted to find out which apps do it well.

kgeissler

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Either a custom rom, or if you are rooted, xposed framework modules will allow you to change it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@Karimpas, I can not find this app you speak of.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

I believe karimpas7 means that there are many 3rd party lockscreen replacement apps available, like WidgetLocker, Cover, Start, etc. In the Google Play Store, search for "lockscreen."

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am using the Nexus 5 unrooted with stock launcher.
Multi Picture Live Wallpaper does the trick for me. I have got a different wallpaper on every screen and on the lockscreen as well.

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Nexus 5 unrooted with stock launcher.
Multi Picture Live Wallpaper does the trick for me. I have got a different wallpaper on every screen and on the lockscreen as well.

I used that app until a few weeks ago... I'm back to give it another try. Thanks!

tikigod19

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Having owned a nexus 6p for a few days I'm so disappointed with how unreliable smart unlock places are. Bluetooth seems to work consistently but the places are constantly failing to be recognised despite removing and adding again. Surely we don't have to do this every day or so?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech