New Google Hangouts no SMS notifications

DashEndar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I already turned off GV in Hangouts on my Nexus 5 because it was acting funny with the notifications, but now I've noticed that I'm not even getting notifications for regular SMS messages. Is this just a bug or is anyone else experiencing this? Seems to me that so far this new hangouts app is just a breeding ground for bugs and issues.

a33799

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem. Click your account name in the hangouts app, then click settings, then the account name in the settings list. There should be a notifications tab and for some reason the update turned off "Hangouts messages & invites". Turn on play sound, and it should be good to go.

sonofnothing

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I was having problems with APN settings and chomp (very buggy MMS, if any). Then I reverted back to Hangouts, which I'm not fond of, despite everyone else's high praise.

I was not receiving any notification of new messages, whatsoever, but then I noticed in Settings>Apps>All>Hangouts the box for "show notifications" was not ticked. I ticked that box, and it fixed the problem.

Nexus 5, kit kat 4.4.4

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I only get notifications on Wi-Fi on 3g or LTE I only see the messages after I open the conversation

Posted via the Android Central App

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I only get notifications randomly. I can't find the pattern. I have doublechecked all the settings to make sure notifications are "on" and that the volume is up. Very frustrating.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just to follow up with this thread. I found the fix...for me at least. I found that I was getting notifications for everyone except my wife. My Google account is also on her phone, and I went into her hangouts app and logged my account out of the app (not just stopped the syncing of hangouts, but actually logging out of the account). This fixed the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech