I've had my Google Voice and Sprint number integrated for several years and it has worked fine. Since yesterday, with the Hangouts app updated and working with GV, when I send an SMS, it sends anywhere from 6-30 repeats of the same text to that person. I have disconnected my integration and then set it up again to no avail. Any help?
    09-18-2014 10:58 AM
    When Voice and Hangouts first integrated, I was having trouble sending MMS to iPhone users and it was sending via SMS and Google Voice when I messaged anyone else with an Android for the first time after the integration but it stopped. I've noticed that a lot of the settings were buggy for the first few days after I did it, too. I got the update last Thursday and it didn't start sending all my messages through Voice until friday afternoon.
    09-18-2014 05:43 PM
    Having the same issue, many text duplicates sent. Please post back if you find a solution!
    09-18-2014 07:37 PM
    I've had my Google Voice and Sprint number integrated for several years and it has worked fine. Since yesterday, with the Hangouts app updated and working with GV, when I send an SMS, it sends anywhere from 6-30 repeats of the same text to that person. I have disconnected my integration and then set it up again to no avail. Any help?
    Same problem here. I ended up disabling the Sprint Google Voice integration.
    09-19-2014 09:54 AM
    It's a known issue now. Since I'm still new, I can't post links. But it's linked to in several Google Hangouts Help Forum threads. For Sprint users, they want to disable the Hangouts integration:

"If you're using Google Voice on your Sprint phone, you shouldn't turn on text messages and voicemails in Hangouts. This will cause problems with your text messages."
    09-19-2014 07:30 PM
    Uhm, I'm on Sprint with integration and no problems for me at all..... *shrug*
    09-19-2014 11:35 PM
    Same issues here. I ended up disabling Hangouts and just going back to using the Voice app for recorded messages and my stock SMS program for texts.

I did read that Google's own site that it recommends Sprint customers with integration not use Hangouts for SMS and voice messages.

Sucks for us.
    11-05-2014 04:23 PM