Google Voice integrated with Sprint having problems with Hangouts

fbcregan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Google Voice and Sprint number integrated for several years and it has worked fine. Since yesterday, with the Hangouts app updated and working with GV, when I send an SMS, it sends anywhere from 6-30 repeats of the same text to that person. I have disconnected my integration and then set it up again to no avail. Any help?

hewey_mx5

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
When Voice and Hangouts first integrated, I was having trouble sending MMS to iPhone users and it was sending via SMS and Google Voice when I messaged anyone else with an Android for the first time after the integration but it stopped. I've noticed that a lot of the settings were buggy for the first few days after I did it, too. I got the update last Thursday and it didn't start sending all my messages through Voice until friday afternoon.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had my Google Voice and Sprint number integrated for several years and it has worked fine. Since yesterday, with the Hangouts app updated and working with GV, when I send an SMS, it sends anywhere from 6-30 repeats of the same text to that person. I have disconnected my integration and then set it up again to no avail. Any help?

Same problem here. I ended up disabling the Sprint Google Voice integration.

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It's a known issue now. Since I'm still new, I can't post links. But it's linked to in several Google Hangouts Help Forum threads. For Sprint users, they want to disable the Hangouts integration:

"If you're using Google Voice on your Sprint phone, you shouldn't turn on text messages and voicemails in Hangouts. This will cause problems with your text messages."

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Same issues here. I ended up disabling Hangouts and just going back to using the Voice app for recorded messages and my stock SMS program for texts.

I did read that Google's own site that it recommends Sprint customers with integration not use Hangouts for SMS and voice messages.

Sucks for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma