Hello, I am new to these forums. I am desperately seeking help, as I don't want to pay to get this phone fixed.

I bought a used nexus 5 that worked fine up until recently. It came unlocked and rooted. I believe I lost the root when I updated to android 4.4.2. Since that upgrade, I have received only error messages when trying to update to 4.4.3. I then noticed I couldn't connect to the game center for games, or download files from the net. This was a persistent problem so I decided to factory reset the phone using the nexus root toolkit. The phone has now been manually upgraded to 4.4.4.

I tried returning it to stock using the nexus toolkit (flash stock and unroot, followed by oem lock), and have since unlocked and rooted. The thing is now, in both oem state and rooted, the phone will not connect to anything. The only thing is is capable of doing is phone calls and texts. NOTHING else works. Chrome wont connect (proxy error), play store won't connect, google now won't connect either(sign-in error).

Needles to say this is tremendously frustrating. If a factory reset won't work, I have no idea what is wrong. I am no very tech savvy with cell phones. Is it android 4.4.4. causing the problems?

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.
    10-01-2014 02:14 PM
    Under WiFi settings, hold your network and tap 'Modify Network'. Next, tap advanced options and ensure the proxy is set to none.

Hope it helps
    belodion likes this.
    10-02-2014 04:03 AM
    Great!! Its working now, ty for your expertise.
    p3ntyne likes this.
    10-02-2014 01:28 PM
    Under WiFi settings, hold your network and tap 'Modify Network'. Next, tap advanced options and ensure the proxy is set to none.

Hope it helps
    Very impressive diagnosis, if I may say so. ☺

Posted via Android Central App
    p3ntyne likes this.
    10-03-2014 10:57 PM
    Great!! Its working now, ty for your expertise.
    Awesome, glad to hear it!

Very impressive diagnosis, if I may say so. ☺

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks
    10-04-2014 04:38 AM