Where do the saved files go?

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
A friend emailed me a couple of pdfs by attachment. I downloaded them and saved them, and opened them with Quickoffice. However, I cannot find them. They are not in the downloads folder, and when I open Quickoffice they do not appear in the Recent Files. The only way to find them is to go back to the original email. Where would they be stored? (One reason that I'd like to know is so that I can delete them: at the moment the only way seems to be to delete the email, which I don't want to do).

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Download a file manager app like ES File Explorer. I hate that aspect of Quick Office. It doesn't show everything in your download folder and now neither does the download app when it used to prior to KitKat and the introduction of Quick Office. Also, sometimes email downloads are saved in an "attachments" folder so using a file manager is the best way to find them.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are trying to move those files over to your Windows PC then store a copy of the file in Google Drive. Drive is a easy way to move files between a PC and Android device.

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes, I have the SmartWho File Manager, and the files in question are in a folder called 'Download'. So I wonder why these files do not show up in the Downloads on the phone, and what files do go into that Downloads folder. (And why, I wonder, did these files not show up as 'recent' files in Quickoffice. All rather puzzling.

karimpas7

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Same happens with me the folder download from es explorer has different files from the download shortcut in menu...

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
🌸 Where do all the saved files go? Long time passing.
🌸 Where do all the saved files go? Long time ago.
🌸 Where do all the saved files go? Google deletes them, every one.
🌸 When will we ever learn? When will we ev-er learn?

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes, I have the SmartWho File Manager, and the files in question are in a folder called 'Download'. So I wonder why these files do not show up in the Downloads on the phone, and what files do go into that Downloads folder. (And why, I wonder, did these files not show up as 'recent' files in Quickoffice. All rather puzzling.

The Google app called Downloads is a mystery. I have no idea what it's supposed to show, because it only randomly shoes some downloaded files there. No rhyme or reason to what it shows.

Posted via the Android Central App

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it just shows things from Gmail, but I'm not even sure it shows all of those. Since a file manager app isn't a stock app, it is very odd behavior to need one to find your downloaded files. I only had one because I'm rooted and all the ROMs install one.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I think it just shows things from Gmail, but I'm not even sure it shows all of those. Since a file manager app isn't a stock app, it is very odd behavior to need one to find your downloaded files. I only had one because I'm rooted and all the ROMs install one.

It shows more than Gmail. Maybe only a from certain apps though!

Posted via the Android Central App

hikeeba77

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Right now I don't have a file manager installed because there is a baked in version through Quickoffice. If you hit the folder option in Quickoffice, then hit the menu hamburger, it's defaulted to Drive but you can select internal storage. It's not as robust as a 3rd party file management app, but for light needs you can drill down through the folder system on your device that way.

Posted via Android Central App