VoLTE on AT&T

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello fellow Nexus5 users. Quick question for you. Right now I use my Nexus5 on T-Mobile. However, because of the promotion AT&T has I will be switching to them to save some money.

Here's my question:

Does the Nexus5 support voice over LTE on AT&T?

If not, it's not a big deal as I don't have it on T-Mobile either it would be nice though.

Last edited:

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
What promotion does AT&T have that would make them cheaper then T-Mobile? And I don't think it is supported currently for the Nexus 5.

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is much more expensive. I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and saved a large amount of money per month. I pay $100 a month at T-Mobile compared to our old bill at AT&T which was approximately $200 a month. Even if we switched to the mobile share plan they were pushing us towards ($160/month) it was still $60 more than what we currently pay.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
What promotion does AT&T have that would make them cheaper then T-Mobile? And I don't think it is supported currently for the Nexus 5.

@sdchris

currently on all shared data tiers over 10gb AT&T is offering double the data for the same price. For example they are offering unlimited talk and text w/ 30gb of data for the same price as 15gb of data.

How this is cheaper for me:
Currently I have T-Mobile and my wife has sprint (her contract is up in 2 days) we planned on switching to tmo. It was gonna be $140 + tax for us both to get unlimited talk, text and data. With the offer AT&T has right now we would pay $130 -20% (for my jobs discount) making the bill $104 + $30 (the price for smartphones is $15 each) making the bill $134 a month + tax. So yes we will no longer have unlimited data but she averages 3-5gb a month a I average 12-15 so the 30gb allowance will be more than enough.

PLUS if you sign up for AT&T's terrible "Next" program they give you $100 credit on your 3rd bill. So, since I already have a nexus 5 I will use it on ATT and get my wife the GS5 (thats what she wants) on the Next program then just pay full price for her GS5 once the $100 credit is given to us effectively killing the next program and getting a free $100.

So depending on how many lines you have / need and how you work it ATT may be cheaper for you too. I'm gonna get better coverage + $100 + save $6 a month.

Dont get me wrong, I'm almost 100% satisfied w/ Tmo but I dont wanna pass this offer up.

Can anyone confirm the VOLTE on att w/ the nexus 5?

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That is a lot of data usage. I only use about 1-1.5 and my wife is the same. My mom and dad don't use data so it's a moot point. I had a FAN (15%) discount on AT&T and we were paying $180 a month. It didn't seem like they give you the full 15%. I think it was discounted up to 15 bucks and that's it.

It sounds like you have it all worked out though, which is great! Saving money is the best.

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
No AT&T does not have voice over LTE yet. Last time I checked (was a few months ago) they were rolling it out in 3 small select markets, but they listed an odd phone as the only one that would work with it at the time. For me when I make a call while LTE, it drops back to HSPA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
No AT&T does not have voice over LTE yet. Last time I checked (was a few months ago) they were rolling it out in 3 small select markets, but they listed an odd phone as the only one that would work with it at the time. For me when I make a call while LTE, it drops back to HSPA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks