Hello fellow Nexus5 users. Quick question for you. Right now I use my Nexus5 on T-Mobile. However, because of the promotion AT&T has I will be switching to them to save some money.

Here's my question:

Does the Nexus5 support voice over LTE on AT&T?

If not, it's not a big deal as I don't have it on T-Mobile either it would be nice though.
    10-14-2014 06:12 PM
    What promotion does AT&T have that would make them cheaper then T-Mobile? And I don't think it is supported currently for the Nexus 5.
    10-14-2014 06:30 PM
    AT&T is much more expensive. I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and saved a large amount of money per month. I pay $100 a month at T-Mobile compared to our old bill at AT&T which was approximately $200 a month. Even if we switched to the mobile share plan they were pushing us towards ($160/month) it was still $60 more than what we currently pay.
    10-14-2014 06:37 PM
    What promotion does AT&T have that would make them cheaper then T-Mobile? And I don't think it is supported currently for the Nexus 5.
    @sdchris

currently on all shared data tiers over 10gb AT&T is offering double the data for the same price. For example they are offering unlimited talk and text w/ 30gb of data for the same price as 15gb of data.

How this is cheaper for me:
    Currently I have T-Mobile and my wife has sprint (her contract is up in 2 days) we planned on switching to tmo. It was gonna be $140 + tax for us both to get unlimited talk, text and data. With the offer AT&T has right now we would pay $130 -20% (for my jobs discount) making the bill $104 + $30 (the price for smartphones is $15 each) making the bill $134 a month + tax. So yes we will no longer have unlimited data but she averages 3-5gb a month a I average 12-15 so the 30gb allowance will be more than enough.

PLUS if you sign up for AT&T's terrible "Next" program they give you $100 credit on your 3rd bill. So, since I already have a nexus 5 I will use it on ATT and get my wife the GS5 (thats what she wants) on the Next program then just pay full price for her GS5 once the $100 credit is given to us effectively killing the next program and getting a free $100.

So depending on how many lines you have / need and how you work it ATT may be cheaper for you too. I'm gonna get better coverage + $100 + save $6 a month.

Dont get me wrong, I'm almost 100% satisfied w/ Tmo but I dont wanna pass this offer up.

Can anyone confirm the VOLTE on att w/ the nexus 5?
    10-15-2014 01:16 AM
    Wow. That is a lot of data usage. I only use about 1-1.5 and my wife is the same. My mom and dad don't use data so it's a moot point. I had a FAN (15%) discount on AT&T and we were paying $180 a month. It didn't seem like they give you the full 15%. I think it was discounted up to 15 bucks and that's it.

It sounds like you have it all worked out though, which is great! Saving money is the best.
    10-15-2014 12:32 PM
    So... Can anyone currently using a Nexus5 on AT&T confirm voice and LTE at the same time?
    10-20-2014 11:47 AM
    No AT&T does not have voice over LTE yet. Last time I checked (was a few months ago) they were rolling it out in 3 small select markets, but they listed an odd phone as the only one that would work with it at the time. For me when I make a call while LTE, it drops back to HSPA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2014 05:54 PM
    No AT&T does not have voice over LTE yet. Last time I checked (was a few months ago) they were rolling it out in 3 small select markets, but they listed an odd phone as the only one that would work with it at the time. For me when I make a call while LTE, it drops back to HSPA

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanks
    10-23-2014 05:55 PM