Android users need help with my phone! I am trying to manually turn on USB debugging (to access files on phone through update thru ADB mode in recovery options, I can install the driver for the phone but won't work until USB debugging is turned on) while my phone cannot boot into the OS. Is there a secret way to turn on USB debugging through recovery mode? (I do not want to wipe the data, and phone unfortunately is not rooted)
    10-17-2014 08:49 AM
    You go into settings and tap Build number repeatedly. That opens up the developer options in the System Setings
    You go into settings and tap Build number repeatedly. That opens up the developer options in the System Setings
    10-17-2014 08:56 AM
    Android users need help with my phone! I am trying to manually turn on USB debugging (to access files on phone through update thru ADB mode in recovery options, I can install the driver for the phone but won't work until USB debugging is turned on) while my phone cannot boot into the OS. Is there a secret way to turn on USB debugging through recovery mode? (I do not want to wipe the data, and phone unfortunately is not rooted)
    If you can't boot into the OS and your bootloader isn't already unlocked I don't think there's anything you can do. Stock recovery does not support ADB only custom recoveries do, and you can't install a custom recovery without unlocking your bootloader which will wipe your phone.
    10-17-2014 09:06 AM