11-12-2014 11:10 AM
44 12
tools
    That massive 6" phone is a deal breaker for me. I'll have to invest in a new wardrobe to carry that phablet in my pocket...moreover I can't even use it with my small hands. The N5 is a good size phone for me and even with 2013 hardware, it will do everything the N6 will do with no issues. Once it receives Android 5.0, it will be at par with most high end phones of 2015.

Secondly, Google spoiled me with sub $400 phones over the last few years lol, so I guess it will take a while before I overcome the fact that I need to budget $600+ for a phone
    11-03-2014 08:13 PM
    If i hadn't just bought my nexus 5 three months ago i probably would have gotten the nexus 6. I can't now, my wife would kill me if i did lol.

I love my n5, i just wish it had a bigger screen and better speakers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2014 11:43 AM
    Nah.
    11-05-2014 04:46 PM
    Hell yeah. As long as ATT offers it for 50$ I'll be happily locked in to a 2 year contract

11-05-2014 06:59 PM
    My wife needs a phone. So unless they release a 2014 Moto G with LTE soon, I will give her my Nexus 5 and buy the 2014 Moto X or get another Nexus 5. I don't think the Nexus 6 is a size I want.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2014 09:03 PM
    Size aside, I don't think dumping $650 for another phone that realistically is marginally better in real world every day use than the N5. I'd much rather spend that money on a stock Silver/Nexus with a Snapdragon 810. This question is only for current Nexus 5 owners.
    1) I don't want a freaking 6" tablet phone. I think it is stupid they didn't make a smaller version too.

2) I don't want to spend $650+ on a phone in less than a year from buying the Nexus 5, which was a much, much, much better priced phone.

3) Aside from the battery being a little wimpy, I don't have any need to upgrade to a new phone. The N5 is super fast and has all the features I need.
    11-09-2014 07:56 AM
    too big and expensive probably order moto x or wait for invite to OPO. Have a Nexus 5 now waiting for lollipop if it make the phone better i will stay where i am
    11-09-2014 09:12 AM
    To be honest I was thinking about it....but the advantage of having a Nexus I thought was getting the latest and greatest OS updates first. I am happy to see Samsung, Motorola, and LG receiving the updates so quickly but am at a loss at why or how they are getting the updates before true Nexus devices. So maybe not now.....
    11-09-2014 11:01 AM
    To be honest I was thinking about it....but the advantage of having a Nexus I thought was getting the latest and greatest OS updates first. I am happy to see Samsung, Motorola, and LG receiving the updates so quickly but am at a loss at why or how they are getting the updates before true Nexus devices. So maybe not now.....
    They are NOT getting updated before the nexus line. Read this: For Fluck's Sake! - Post #8627 - XDA Forums
    11-09-2014 02:02 PM
    Yes, been wanting a bigger phone, still like the N5 and Lollipop will improve it again but I just want a bigger phone and the best specs. The Nexus 6 is the phone Google intended Lollipop to run on or at least the ideal, so I am in.

11-09-2014 05:06 PM
    2 Points gamestopping this:
    1) too big
    2) too expensive for a Nexus device

Face it, Nexus were always best Android experience for low prices. The Nexus 6 leaves this path.
    11-10-2014 02:56 AM
    I thought about it....but I need an upgrade on my TV and it looks like I can get a 60" Vizio for about the same price. Which seems absurd...

If had to replace my N5 I would get another One+.

Posted via Serenity
    chezm likes this.
    11-10-2014 07:10 AM
    No the N6 is too big and too expensive and it is still only 32 bit. I have a dream that Google is coming out in the first half of 2015 with a new Nexus 5 (5" inch phone) that will have the 64 bit Snapdragon 810 cpu. Why since App Developers need a pure Google cell phone to develop Apps on. Sure we have the 64bit Nexus 9 tablet but it isn't a cell phone and it doesn't have the industry standard Snapdragon CPU for App Developers to develop cell phone Apps.
    11-11-2014 11:11 AM
    I have a dream that Google is coming out in the first half of 2015 with a new Nexus 5 (5" inch phone)
    That's a fantasy, not a dream. The original rumours were correct, Google have terminated the Nexus program we all loved, i.e. a high end flagship phone at a bargain price. As a final sweetener to Lenovo, Google have given the brand name to Motorola for their Moto-XL phone which has been called the Nexus 6 to exploit that brand.
    11-11-2014 05:50 PM
    That's a fantasy, not a dream. The original rumours were correct, Google have terminated the Nexus program we all loved, i.e. a high end flagship phone at a bargain price. As a final sweetener to Lenovo, Google have given the brand name to Motorola for their Moto-XL phone which has been called the Nexus 6 to exploit that brand.
    Right and right. Total fantasy. But I don't blame them for the price. The goal is to make money, and the demand is clearly there.

11-12-2014 07:20 AM
    I was planning on it, but I want to see how I like lollipop on my nexus 5 first. If they really increase battery life, I may not go to the 6. The disaster of a pre order is probably not helping either.

Posted via my OnePlus One!
    11-12-2014 07:41 AM
    No plans to upgrade. It is a pretty decent phone with great performance . what lack is battery which will improve with Lollipop and Code Blue by 50%. would be great if Google update the kernel of n5.

Posted via Google Nexus 5
    11-12-2014 08:36 AM
    I bought the Nexus 5 (in June) because it was relatively cheap but still ran all the latest software. I almost rejected it as too big (having previously used a Pre3) so there is no way I would consider anything bigger and couldn't afford it anyway. I also expect the 5 to do me for at least a couple of years (not yet kept a phone for less than 2 years except a brief flirt with a Windows Mobile monstrosity which was only a few months before I traded back to Treo680.) The Nexus 5 is my first Android phone (though I did have a Nexus 7 first which I still use as my primary TV/Film watching device).
    11-12-2014 09:36 AM
    Yes, my pre-order is in. Unlike most of you in this thread, my priority is to have a large pocket computer with data connectivity first that just happens to have a phone in it. I like my Nexus 5 and I'm totally spoiled with pure Android, but for me it's just small enough to be harder to see and use comfortably.

I actively trade stocks using Interactive Brokers Android trading platform when away from my home computers, so screen size for active charting is very important. I'm also an avid reader with a large Kindle library. I'll now have a much more comfortable Kindle reading experience.
    11-12-2014 11:10 AM
44 12