Question for N5 owners. Are you buying a Nexus 6?

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The N5 has been an excellent purchase for me and feels just as snappy and capable as the day it launched. The design is wonderfully stark and the materials are practical.

I'm always tempted by new Nexus hardware, but the N6 is too big and too much like a Moto X in terms of design, for my tastes. Those points, the quality of the N5 and the price tag all add up to me sitting this one out.

My hope is that we get a N5(2015) next year with a more conventional size and closer alignment to the design language seen since the 2013 N7. Then I'll be back in.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Not a chance. If it was the size of the new Moto X maybe - but since Nexus doesn't mean value anymore I doubt it. I love Moto phones, but the Nexus 6 behemoth is out of the question for me.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I got my nexus 5 in late July so I think I'll stick with it. It does everything I need it to but I am hopeful that lollipop helps the battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any plans to upgrade for quite a while, there is absolutely no need to. The Nexus 5 is still one of the fastest Android phones out, and with stock Android there isn't much competition.

Sent from my Nexus 5

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
That massive 6" phone is a deal breaker for me. I'll have to invest in a new wardrobe to carry that phablet in my pocket...moreover I can't even use it with my small hands. The N5 is a good size phone for me and even with 2013 hardware, it will do everything the N6 will do with no issues. Once it receives Android 5.0, it will be at par with most high end phones of 2015.

Secondly, Google spoiled me with sub $400 phones over the last few years lol, so I guess it will take a while before I overcome the fact that I need to budget $600+ for a phone :(

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If i hadn't just bought my nexus 5 three months ago i probably would have gotten the nexus 6. I can't now, my wife would kill me if i did lol.

I love my n5, i just wish it had a bigger screen and better speakers.

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife needs a phone. So unless they release a 2014 Moto G with LTE soon, I will give her my Nexus 5 and buy the 2014 Moto X or get another Nexus 5. I don't think the Nexus 6 is a size I want.

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Size aside, I don't think dumping $650 for another phone that realistically is marginally better in real world every day use than the N5. I'd much rather spend that money on a stock Silver/Nexus with a Snapdragon 810. This question is only for current Nexus 5 owners.

1) I don't want a freaking 6" tablet phone. I think it is stupid they didn't make a smaller version too.

2) I don't want to spend $650+ on a phone in less than a year from buying the Nexus 5, which was a much, much, much better priced phone.

3) Aside from the battery being a little wimpy, I don't have any need to upgrade to a new phone. The N5 is super fast and has all the features I need.

Chromer

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
too big and expensive probably order moto x or wait for invite to OPO. Have a Nexus 5 now waiting for lollipop if it make the phone better i will stay where i am

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I was thinking about it....but the advantage of having a Nexus I thought was getting the latest and greatest OS updates first. I am happy to see Samsung, Motorola, and LG receiving the updates so quickly but am at a loss at why or how they are getting the updates before true Nexus devices. So maybe not now.....

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I was thinking about it....but the advantage of having a Nexus I thought was getting the latest and greatest OS updates first. I am happy to see Samsung, Motorola, and LG receiving the updates so quickly but am at a loss at why or how they are getting the updates before true Nexus devices. So maybe not now.....

They are NOT getting updated before the nexus line. Read this: For Fluck's Sake! - Post #8627 - XDA Forums

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, been wanting a bigger phone, still like the N5 and Lollipop will improve it again but I just want a bigger phone and the best specs. The Nexus 6 is the phone Google intended Lollipop to run on or at least the ideal, so I am in.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
2 Points gamestopping this:
1) too big
2) too expensive for a Nexus device

Face it, Nexus were always best Android experience for low prices. The Nexus 6 leaves this path.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought about it....but I need an upgrade on my TV and it looks like I can get a 60" Vizio for about the same price. Which seems absurd...

If had to replace my N5 I would get another One+.

Posted via Serenity

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
No the N6 is too big and too expensive and it is still only 32 bit. I have a dream that Google is coming out in the first half of 2015 with a new Nexus 5 (5" inch phone) that will have the 64 bit Snapdragon 810 cpu. Why since App Developers need a pure Google cell phone to develop Apps on. Sure we have the 64bit Nexus 9 tablet but it isn't a cell phone and it doesn't have the industry standard Snapdragon CPU for App Developers to develop cell phone Apps.

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a dream that Google is coming out in the first half of 2015 with a new Nexus 5 (5" inch phone)
That's a fantasy, not a dream. The original rumours were correct, Google have terminated the Nexus program we all loved, i.e. a high end flagship phone at a bargain price. As a final sweetener to Lenovo, Google have given the brand name to Motorola for their Moto-XL phone which has been called the Nexus 6 to exploit that brand.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
That's a fantasy, not a dream. The original rumours were correct, Google have terminated the Nexus program we all loved, i.e. a high end flagship phone at a bargain price. As a final sweetener to Lenovo, Google have given the brand name to Motorola for their Moto-XL phone which has been called the Nexus 6 to exploit that brand.

Right and right. Total fantasy. But I don't blame them for the price. The goal is to make money, and the demand is clearly there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21