11-12-2014 10:10 AM
44 12
tools
    Size aside, I don't think dumping $650 for another phone that realistically is marginally better in real world every day use than the N5. I'd much rather spend that money on a stock Silver/Nexus with a Snapdragon 810.
    This question is only for current Nexus 5 owners.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-20-2014 03:12 PM
    I purchased my nexus 5 this past February with my tax return, so I've only had it for 8 months. I'm really enjoying this phone. It is my first nexus device and I love it. Got my girlfriend the nexus 4 on swappa and she really likes it too. I normally upgrade every two years so think I'll sit this cycle out unless I see a good deal on swappa or someplace. Don't think I can justify spending over half of my tax return on the 6 this time.

thehabsonice likes this.
    10-20-2014 06:08 PM
    Same, bought mine in February and don't plan on upgrading to the 6. The bigger battery is the only part that intrigues me. But L is said to improve battery so I'm eager to see if it make a difference for the N5. Nothing else about the N6 makes we want to jump to upgrade. Moto cameras tend to be mediocre. It's a marginal upgrade at a premium price.

thehabsonice likes this.
    10-20-2014 07:29 PM
    Heck no. Nexus devices were affordable ways to stay off-contract and get a quality phone with frequently-updated vanilla Android at a decent price. That same sentence also describes the Moto G. I'll keep my Nexus 5 for as long as I can (and hopefully be able to pick one up for my wife who has a Nexus 4), but once they are gone, I'll probably move to whatever version of Moto G is out at that time.
    10-20-2014 09:35 PM
    The only way I'll actually get one is through a giveaway lol
    10-21-2014 01:22 AM
    No, 5.0 made this phone likeable again. And with the new APIs and developers being able to get RAW image data from the camera sensor. The picture issues from the 5 will be more or less a thing of the past. Because seriously it's a cell phone, if your entering a serious photo contest you are 9/10 going to get your DSLR.....IMO

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2014 04:32 AM
    Not upgrading until they release the next Nexus 5. The 6 is too big and definitely too expensive, plus I have had mine since around spring

10-21-2014 06:37 AM
    Almost approaching a year now with the Nexus 5 and it feels as responsive and snappy as day one. Played with an S5 and M8. Not missing anything at all from those and newer phones.
    I'll wait for the next iteration of the 2015 N5, but I think the days of sub $400 phones is done.

10-21-2014 11:22 AM
    I won't be, but it will only be because of the size. I haven't seen one in person, but I created a template based on the dimensions and it wouldn't fit well in my dress slacks that I wear for work. That means no matter how good it might feel in the hand, if I can't comfortably put it in my front pocket in all my pants, I'm out. I've had the Nexus 5 since launch and I want to replace it due to the GPS problems and SIM card issues (I just replaced it again and those issues still exist for me), but I need a more comfortable size. I'm looking at the Xperia Z3 or really wishing that the Moto Droid Turbo comes in a GSM flavor (T-Mobile).
    10-21-2014 12:48 PM
    Nope...I would have been tempted if the price increase had been reasonable but it ain't.

Posted via the Android Central App and my Nexus 5
    10-21-2014 02:08 PM
    Hells yes I'm buying one! I've had my N5 since day 1 last year. Still a great phone, I just have that upgrade itch I usually get after having a phone for a year. Just got a quicksilver card with no interest until July 2015...... First purchase!

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??
    Scott7217 likes this.
    10-21-2014 05:43 PM
    No, N6 is too big and too expensive. In fact, if Google put N5 on discount sale, I'd pick another one up.
    Blaize19 and Shilohcane like this.
    10-21-2014 07:57 PM
    As much as I want to, I can't see spending $650 on a phone. I just bought my second Nexus 5 and plan on keeping it until November 2015. Plus, Lollipop will breathe new life into the N5 making it even better.
    10-21-2014 11:22 PM
    Yup though I'm keeping my N5 as well. The screen size is what really made me jump. I originally came from a Note 2 to the Nexus 5 & really missed the extra screen real estate.

10-21-2014 11:52 PM
    Avoided the Note's because of their size. I can understand using higher end equipment with a higher price point, it is after all a signature product.
    BUT,
    It will not comfortably fit in my pocket, I will have to two hand it all the time, it will stick out of my dash cubi, and sticking a phablet to your head to talk is ridiculous, unless you are like bigger than 6'5" and 240lbs, which will make the phone look normal size. Does it come with wrist braces?? :-).

Nah, I'm keeping my N5.
    10-22-2014 10:23 AM
    I've had both N7 tablets, the N4, and the N5, and my purchase on each was in pursuit of a great value in a device with solid hardware that would stay relevant when other competitors were lagging on older versions of the OS. The N6 promises to continue on the latter, but the former -- the value -- would appear at first glance to have changed considerably.

At its price, it is much more expensive than any of the more recent Nexus devices, Google's undergone some heavy criticism because they aren't delivering the same insanely great value they did with those, but, to be fair, it's still a great value versus its direct competition - and Google might be giving a nod to their manufacturing partners along the lines that, with the growth of the Nexus brand name, they will try to keep pricing a little more in line.

If I were just to look at the N6 as my next possible phone, I don't think I'd make that move as the value for what I'd be using it for (phone, communications, media on the go, etc) wouldn't warrant the expense. But I fully anticipate that with the N6 around, my N7 would see little use. When I tack on the added duties the N6 would serve as my around-the-house internet device, it quickly hits that needed value proposition.

So yes, I will be getting the N6. I expect that I'll be able to sell my N5 and N7 to cover the majority of the cost, so there really shouldn't be more of an investment to be made than when I upgraded from the N4 and N7(12) to the N5 and N7(13).

Good thing the N6 uses a 'Nano' SIM, though. If it kept the same 'Micro' SIM slot as the N5, I'd have a hard time justifying picking up the N6 and still keeping the N5 around to swap to for those times I did want a more compact device!
    10-22-2014 10:32 AM
    I'd love to, only because it's a newer Nexus. I was a little concerned that the Size of the Nexus 5 would be too big. But I've grown to like it - I think the same will be said for the Nexus 6 if I were to have it. Considering the Nexus 5 still serves me well, I don't see a need to upgrade unless I need to.
    10-22-2014 10:43 AM
    I got my Nexus 5 only beginning of Sept and LOVE IT, have no intentions of upgrading this year...will keep a close eye for next years Nexus device.
    10-22-2014 11:01 AM
    I've been saying no because of the size and price but I'm waivering. I looked at the iPhone 6 Plus to get an idea of the size of the Nexus 6 (they have nearly the same dimensions) and there is a possibility that I could learn to like a monster that size. I'm going to wait to see the Nexus 6 before I make my decision. If the screen is blow away great then I'll probably do it.
    10-22-2014 04:28 PM
    I have lived with my phablet for 6 months now (a Nokia 1520), I missed my N5. A 6" phone is just not practical and difficult to carry around. The bigger screen does not make it any better than N5
    10-22-2014 05:11 PM
    The N5 has been an excellent purchase for me and feels just as snappy and capable as the day it launched. The design is wonderfully stark and the materials are practical.

I'm always tempted by new Nexus hardware, but the N6 is too big and too much like a Moto X in terms of design, for my tastes. Those points, the quality of the N5 and the price tag all add up to me sitting this one out.

My hope is that we get a N5(2015) next year with a more conventional size and closer alignment to the design language seen since the 2013 N7. Then I'll be back in.
    10-24-2014 12:07 AM
    No. Very happy with my Nexus 5. Maybe the next Nexus phone.
    10-24-2014 12:38 AM
    Not a chance. If it was the size of the new Moto X maybe - but since Nexus doesn't mean value anymore I doubt it. I love Moto phones, but the Nexus 6 behemoth is out of the question for me.
    10-26-2014 02:42 PM
    I got my nexus 5 in late July so I think I'll stick with it. It does everything I need it to but I am hopeful that lollipop helps the battery.

10-26-2014 04:46 PM
    I don't have any plans to upgrade for quite a while, there is absolutely no need to. The Nexus 5 is still one of the fastest Android phones out, and with stock Android there isn't much competition.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    11-02-2014 10:51 PM
44 12