Is there an app that will notify me that someone was trying to reach me while I have no signal?

Isaac Ma

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Notification for calls that were missed while being with no signal/reception

Hi all,
Unfortunately, during significant portions of my everyday routine, I have no signal/reception.
To make it clear - for most cases, during those periods of time, I do have a WiFi signal, but no signal of my cellular carrier.

My question is - is there a way to get notified that someone was trying to reach me while I was with no signal?
The obvious problem in the current situation is that people cannot reach me, and I don't get any notification (e.g, "missed call") about their attempt to reach me.

I asked my carrier company, and they don't have this feature.
Is there a built in feature (in the phone settings) or app which can provide this service for me?

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Isaac

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Notification for calls that were missed while being with no signal/reception

That would have to be on the carrier end.
If the incoming call cant reach your phone, then nothing on your phone can help you. It seems you have reached out to your carrier and they have said no. Ive never heard of anything.

Going out on a limb, but maybe you create a google voice number, then forward your cell number to GV number, then when that number is unreachable you should get an email notification with a missed call. In theory that would work but i have not tested it.

Someone else chime in here but GV will notify you via email of a missed call even when a phone is off or has no service. I seem to recall getting that once when i was upgrading my phone and it was off. Honestly i dont talk much so i dont have a lot of experience with missed calls.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Notification for calls that were missed while being with no signal/reception

Going out on a limb, but maybe you create a google voice number, then forward your cell number to GV number, then when that number is unreachable you should get an email notification with a missed call. In theory that would work but i have not tested it.

Someone else chime in here but GV will notify you via email of a missed call even when a phone is off or has no service. I seem to recall getting that once when i was upgrading my phone and it was off. Honestly i dont talk much so i dont have a lot of experience with missed calls.

You are correct. Use Google Voice (lite) as your voicemail service. If you aren't reachable, GV will get the missed call (and voicemail if the caller leaves one), and GV will notify you whenever you have data connectivity.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

You are correct. Use Google Voice (lite) as your voicemail service. If you aren't reachable, GV will get the missed call (and voicemail if the caller leaves one), and GV will notify you whenever you have data connectivity.
Doesn't that usually occur with the phone app? You don't get an email but still notification.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Google Voice will show all of your messages, voice and text, as will Hangouts. They run on data, not cell phone signal. You can also tell Hangouts to ring when you get a Google Voice call, although there are still a few bugs in the app.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't that usually occur with the phone app? You don't get an email but still notification.
Depends on your GV settings. I have GV set up to send me a text message and Email with transcription