Hi. The story behind this issue is, approx 6 months ago my brother dropped his nexus 5 and it cracked the screen really badly however he was still able to use the phone, the touchscreen worked and the screen even though shattered could still be visible. He took it out his pocket on Thursday and all of a sudden then Sven had started flickering and the touch had stopped working. So he decided to buy a new screen.

I have fitted the new screen and now i am finding only the right hand side of the screen is displaying the desktop (albeit not very clear) I have removed and reattached the flex cables many times and it hasn't made a difference. Has anyone got any idea what the problem is?

I'm starting to doubt it is the screen...

Well try pay some pictures
    10-26-2014 05:13 AM
    Hi. The story behind this issue is, approx 6 months ago my brother dropped his nexus 5 and it cracked the screen really badly however he was still able to use the phone, the touchscreen worked and the screen even though shattered could still be visible. He took it out his pocket on Thursday and all of a sudden then Sven had started flickering and the touch had stopped working. So he decided to buy a new screen.

I have fitted the new screen and now i am finding only the right hand side of the screen is displaying the desktop (albeit not very clear) I have removed and reattached the flex cables many times and it hasn't made a difference. Has anyone got any idea what the problem is?

I'm starting to doubt it is the screen...

Well try pay some pictures
    Radio Shack fixes broken screens. Give them a call. I took my Samsung Galaxy S3 to them for a broken screen and had it back the next day.
    10-26-2014 05:30 AM
    These are images of the screen:
    Attached Thumbnails Nexus 5 replacement screen issues-1414319412131.jpg   Nexus 5 replacement screen issues-1414319426476.jpg  
    10-26-2014 05:30 AM