How can I get my Nexus 5 to factory reset?

bykerboy68

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5 giving false factory resets,

My nexus 5 won't factory reset and has some kinda api or app on it and has two of every program on it, the original and another, it seems to collect my texts, call logs, and anything I do on it and sends them to a unknown number. Any suggestions? Thanks.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 giving false factory resets,

My nexus 5 won't factory reset and has some kinda api or app on it and has two of every program on it, the original and another, it seems to collect my texts, call logs, and anything I do on it and sends them to a unknown number. Any suggestions? Thanks.

That doesn't sound good...

If you can't factory reset, I would stop using the device and flash the stock images ASAP. Here, you can download the images and get instructions on how to do it.

Last edited:

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

...and to prevent trojans, viruses and CO from entering your phone again, I would recommend an Internet Security package.

I use Comodo for that purpose, because it comes with handy tools like the system optimizer and it is lean, quick, unobtrusive and free
But of course most of the internet security packages do a good job.

bykerboy68

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site

I just flashed it back to stock today, and didnt work, it goes back to stock or whatever rom I flash, but still leaves the "hacked" version in control on the downlow masking it as the stock.. I'll fivure it out sooner or later,. Just though someone here migbt know a quick.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

If the problem resumed after flashing a fresh install then what ever is causing your problem is getting restored from Google Play. I'd go though all of you apps and delete anything that you are unsure of. Then I'd try flashing again.

bykerboy68

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site

That's the funny thing I don't have it set up to auto update/install anything. I am thinking my wife has done something, cuz I have noticed her history on her nexus 10 going to pastebin and otber such sites but she won't admit ro anything.. Oh well maybe time to join the "apple" droids lol.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

No offense, but that doesn't make sense. You flashed back to stock (full flash - all images), and didn't restore any apps from the play store, and you are seeing two of each app in the app drawer?
Can you share a screen print?
And how do you know that it is sending your text messages and call logs to an unknown number?