11-05-2014 06:27 PM
28 12
tools
    In either case, we expect November 3rd to be the opening of the floodgates for the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Nexus 5. But considering the batching process, it could easily be mid-November before you finally see it on your phone (if you're one of the unlucky ones). But never fear, as soon as the OTA starts rolling or the factory image becomes available, the internet will melt down – so there's no chance of missing out on knowing all about it when it does start to happen.

Nexus 5 Android 5.0 Lollipop update: when will I get it? - AndroidPIT
    10-30-2014 08:54 AM
    I believe the update on Nov 3 will be only for the Nexus 7 (WiFi model). The update for the Nexus 5 will be 'later' in the month.
    10-30-2014 10:43 AM
    i'll wait patiently, it can't be any later than nov 10th ..15th at worse..

I just pray that there's a *native* way to change the all white keyboard & settings menu to dark like kitkat's,

& I pray in the official release there' the subtle shadowing on the top & bottom, w/o the shadowing, the new softkeys look, like a patched on afterthought, & not a blend in..
    10-30-2014 10:52 AM
    Good video on Lollypop features on a Nexus 6

What's new for Android: A sweet Lollipop upgrade
    jvai likes this.
    10-30-2014 11:33 AM
    Good video on Lollypop features on a Nexus 6

What's new for Android: A sweet Lollipop upgrade

so, the softkeys DO have the same shadowing, thanks!!
    10-30-2014 11:52 AM
    How much space is needed on the N5 to download and install it?
    10-30-2014 08:53 PM
    How much space is needed on the N5 to download and install it?
    It is not out yet, so nobody here knows.
    10-31-2014 08:32 AM
    Another good read on L. I'm not sure I want to tell my wife about the new "Do Not Disturb" setting in the OS instead of using a App. She gets a little up set when my phone next to our bed wakes us up to let me know someone attacked my village in Clash of Clans.

Google Android 5 Lollipop review - faster, prettier and better battery life
    jvai likes this.
    10-31-2014 11:01 AM
    The update will be on my Nexus 5 in November which is a lot better then most phones and its pure Android. Can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 5
    11-01-2014 12:26 AM
    nothing yet!
    11-03-2014 10:05 AM
    Now that the Nexus 9 is available, you would think that Lollipop updates are not far behind. We still have some time before the Nexus 6 is released, so that could be another benchmark to use for the release of the update to current devices.

I'm thinking of putting together a quick post outlining what needs to be done for people using rooted devices. I think that will help get people in a position to receive the OTA or be able to flash the update images manually.
    11-03-2014 10:25 AM
    Designing the perfect Lollipop.

Posted: Monday, November 3, 2014
    If you’re like me, you jump between a number of different devices throughout the day—reading a magazine on your tablet, checking the time on your watch, chatting with your friend on the phone, even plotting your route in the car. More and more, our screens work together, each helping make your life a little bit easier. But if design is the way they communicate with us, it often feels like each one is speaking a different language. That’s why we unveiled material design earlier this year: one consistent design language flexible enough to span devices across mobile, desktop, and beyond. Design is a major focus for Lollipop—the latest version of Android—which begins to roll out today.

Official Android Blog: Designing the perfect Lollipop.
    11-03-2014 04:31 PM
    Not holding my breath...

Posted via Nexus 5
    11-03-2014 06:12 PM
    Not holding my breath...

Posted via Nexus 5
    Technically they're right...AOSP is being updated as we speak. lol Factory images for devices is another story - hopefully very soon.
    11-03-2014 06:20 PM
    I ran the new dev preview for a few weeks and can confirm that you can change to either light or dark on the keyboard.
    11-03-2014 06:27 PM
    The SDK is 440 mb.....
    11-04-2014 03:05 AM
    I'd make a solid wager that we won't see Lollipop on our Nexus 5's until the Nexus 6 is released commercially and in consumers hands.

Some people are forgetting Google is still a business and they want to push as many N6's as possible, especially now that all the carriers are involved. If consumers have the option to buy the cheaper N5 with Lollipop ahead of the N6 it will cut into the market.

If I am wrong and you remember this, PM and I'll do something crazy like saying sorry and admitting my personal opinion was wrong on the internet.
    11-04-2014 06:48 AM
    I'd make a solid wager that we won't see Lollipop on our Nexus 5's until the Nexus 6 is released commercially and in consumers hands.

Some people are forgetting Google is still a business and they want to push as many N6's as possible, especially now that all the carriers are involved. If consumers have the option to buy the cheaper N5 with Lollipop ahead of the N6 it will cut into the market.

If I am wrong and you remember this, PM and I'll do something crazy like saying sorry and admitting my personal opinion was wrong on the internet.
    be nice if it was possible to even buy a Nexus 6
    11-04-2014 07:29 AM
    Google is by far a services business not a hardware business.
    TheDroidKid likes this.
    11-04-2014 07:34 AM
    if I had to guess I'd say the N5 Lollipop roll out would be on or around the Nexus 6 release....
    mhpspeed likes this.
    11-04-2014 07:57 AM
    The Nexus 5 is being advertised on the Play Store with Lollipop, so I don't think Google is worried about people purchasing the N5 over the N6 because of Lollipop. I hope to see it very soon.
    11-04-2014 09:15 PM
    Google is by far a services business not a hardware business.
    You're right, but which business they are bigger into isn't part of my argument / opinion.
    11-05-2014 06:33 AM
    The Nexus 5 is being advertised on the Play Store with Lollipop, so I don't think Google is worried about people purchasing the N5 over the N6 because of Lollipop. I hope to see it very soon.
    Where is it being advertised with Lollipop?

Source: https://play.google.com/store/device...ack_32gb&hl=en