11-29-2015 10:32 PM
129 12345 ...
tools
    Benjamin_NYC: you can go into the Android device's Settings, then Accounts to disable any email accounts connected to the stock email/gmail.
    11-25-2014 01:26 PM
    Finally figured it out. Really liking Nine so far. Thx for all the help.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-25-2014 03:18 PM
    ... All I'm saying is that there is no difference between having email in Email or Gmail...
    I disagree. I loathe the GMail app, for the way it jams all messages in a thread into a single blob of text.

Prior to Lollipop I used GMail to get push email (for my gmail account), but I used Email to actually read the messages.

I can no longer do that on Lollipop (without trying multiple alternative clients).
    gsuburban likes this.
    12-04-2014 05:58 PM
    So I just figured out a quick and easy fix. You must have your system rooted. First install Uninstaller Pro (RU) to remove both the stock email app and gmail app. Next install both the stock email and gmail app from the play store. That's it. You are back to the setup you are used to.
    12-04-2014 10:14 PM
    Does not work. Attempting to remove Gmail produces "Cannot uninstall Gmail, unknown error occurred"
    12-05-2014 07:24 PM
    So I just figured out a quick and easy fix. You must have your system rooted. First install Uninstaller Pro (RU) to remove both the stock email app and gmail app. Next install both the stock email and gmail app from the play store. That's it. You are back to the setup you are used to.
    Not if you have a corporate IT policy, it's not the quick and easy fix.

I root my phone I lose my job.

Nine it is.
    12-06-2014 08:58 AM
    Sorry to hear that, but I believe you would be within the minority here. I hope it works out with nine!
    12-06-2014 11:50 AM
    exactly right..........Google upgrades actually degrade productivity...ironic....bad, immature and inexperienced management by Google.
    12-07-2014 12:39 PM
    I agree.
    If I wanted software to run my life, I would use iOS. Give me back my email, Google!
    I've seen recommended fixes. What's with "if you linked" your other email accounts with GMail? I didn't. I liked them separate and now, all my other email is scattered? lost?
    12-08-2014 04:50 AM
    I don't see my other accounts "connected" to the stock gmail. But the original email app is gone, and so is my email!
    12-08-2014 04:52 AM
    For what it is worth I switched from a 3rd party email client (aquamail) to gmail when I got lollipop and was trying to get used to it's limited sync settings when I noticed huge battery drain from the gmail app. No idea why as I was syncing the same amount of email as before.

Anyway, long story short, as I never use my actual gmail account apart from for syncing calendar and contacts I disabled it and reinstalled aquamail (I use IMAP, not exchange). Since then my average battery life has increased by 6 hours plus. For some reason gmail was consuming more battery than the screen which is just wierd. Aqualmail is back down to 7th battery user again which is more normal. Google play services are still higher than the screen though which is odd.
    12-08-2014 09:19 AM
    Gmail app is great if you only have gmail. I've got 4 accounts. Only 3 at a time ever show up in the sidebar, and the most basic option of a combined inbox is not even available. This is a step backward from the old default email app.
    12-08-2014 05:06 PM
    I disagree. I loathe the GMail app, for the way it jams all messages in a thread into a single blob of text.

Prior to Lollipop I used GMail to get push email (for my gmail account), but I used Email to actually read the messages.

I can no longer do that on Lollipop (without trying multiple alternative clients).
    The new Gmail app only uses horrendous Conversation mode for Gmail accounts.

12-08-2014 09:00 PM
    Gmail app is great if you only have gmail. I've got 4 accounts. Only 3 at a time ever show up in the sidebar, and the most basic option of a combined inbox is not even available. This is a step backward from the old default email app.
    The new gmail app is horrible. Utterly horrible. On exchange, text wrap only works 50% of the time. Horrendous app.

12-08-2014 09:03 PM
    Okay ... after having so many Problems with GMail and my MS Exchange Server Contacts (they were only partly synced, some never made it to my N5, others were there and vanished again and all that BS) I installed Nine and voilà ... the Exchange sync works nicely. All my contacts are there.

Gmail? Thanks, but no thanks Google. Do your homework first.
    12-09-2014 01:43 AM
    Okay ... after having so many Problems with GMail and my MS Exchange Server Contacts (they were only partly synced, some never made it to my N5, others were there and vanished again and all that BS) I installed Nine and voilà ... the Exchange sync works nicely. All my contacts are there.

Gmail? Thanks, but no thanks Google. Do your homework first.
    Yup. Can't say it enough. Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! (See what I did there?)

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-09-2014 05:00 AM
    Yup. Can't say it enough. Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! (See what I did there?)
    Given all the horn-blowing about Nine in this thread, I went out of my way to *not* try it when I went looking for an alternative :-D

PS I don't need Exchange support.
    12-09-2014 06:51 PM
    Given all the horn-blowing about Nine in this thread, I went out of my way to *not* try it when I went looking for an alternative :-D

Wow that's so very clever if you.

12-09-2014 08:51 PM

To each his own. I see your smiley btw ...
    Nine is great for exchange services. I still have to figure out though, how to add Pop or Imap accounts. Nine wouldn't let me do that yet...
    12-10-2014 12:45 AM
    To each his own. I see your smiley btw ...
    Nine is great for exchange services. I still have to figure out though, how to add Pop or Imap accounts. Nine wouldn't let me do that yet...
    You can't. Nine is for Exchange.

12-10-2014 05:34 AM
    When I upgraded from KitKat to Lollipop, it retained Email app as a "separate app". It looks like it is using the same engine and UI, but the launch point and notifications are independent, which is what I want (and sounds like other want). But after a factory reset, I can't set up an account in the separate Email launch point.

I suspect the functionality is there, because it works if upgraded, so there is a chance that someone can create an app that is able to create the email/exchange account in a way that enables separate app. Anyone know Android accounts well enough to investigate?
    12-10-2014 04:41 PM
    You can't. Nine is for Exchange.
    Then I'm even more glad I didn't waste the time trying it.
    12-10-2014 06:50 PM
    Plenty of fine apps for IMAP/POP. What has been lacking before the appearance of the great Nine is a sold Exchange app.

12-11-2014 04:57 AM
    Well how good for you.

There are a lot of things I didn't do either.
    For example, I didn't make an effort of rightening up the bag of Rice that has toppled over in China...
    Woot? You are not interested in what I didn't do? How comes?

12-11-2014 05:09 AM
    Well how good for you.

There are a lot of things I didn't do either.
    For example, I didn't make an effort of rightening up the bag of Rice that has toppled over in China...
    Woot? You are not interested in what I didn't do? How comes?

LOL

12-11-2014 05:21 AM
129 12345 ...