Lollipop killed stock "email" app!

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or did they kill the email app? When you open it they tell you that "email has moved" into gmail. I liked having the 2 separate. I use gmail for my personal email, and the email app for my work (exchange) email. This way there is NO confusion as to which account I am sending from.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Gmail handles all email accounts now. Just slide out the side menu, and the accounts will appear by the top if you linked them.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The email app is part of the lollipop rom, it is already installed. If I look in the playstore it is listed as installed. It appears that you HAVE TO use gmail for exchange. I really liked having them separate apps all together.

KC1988

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I also liked having them as separate apps. What's strange then is why is there an email app and why can't it be uninstalled.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I also liked having them as separate apps. What's strange then is why is there an email app and why can't it be uninstalled.
Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all. They should have just deleted it from the operating system.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this as well grrrrr. As a Lightflow user there is no ability to set a separate LED light for Exchange accounts in GMail app. I sent the developer an email and he indicated that Google has locked down the app and developers do not have access to notifications for Exchange Accounts in the new GMail app.
I may have to go 3rd Party for my work account.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
New Gmail app is garbage for Exchange. Old Email app was garbage for Exchange. Same garbage. Nine is the way to go for Exchange, no exceptions.

Posted via the Android Central App

swallowingled

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm disappointed too. Google just doesn't get it. I used the Email app for work and could set a different notification sound and LED, and I could also use Notifications Off with Tasker to not send me notifications on weekends or my days off. Plus, I already use 2 different Gmail accounts and the new Gmail app doesn't show you which account you're actually in when viewing the Inbox like the old one did and it's not as easy to switch between accounts. Nine actually looks like a good alternative.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm disappointed too. Google just doesn't get it. I used the Email app for work and could set a different notification sound and LED, and I could also use Notifications Off with Tasker to not send me notifications on weekends or my days off. Plus, I already use 2 different Gmail accounts and the new Gmail app doesn't show you which account you're actually in when viewing the Inbox like the old one did and it's not as easy to switch between accounts. Nine actually looks like a good alternative.

Good simply fails at Exchange. Nine.

Posted via the Android Central App