Hey all,

I'm curious if anyone knows if those of us that installed the Lollipop developer preview will get an OTA update to the final version or if we need to manually flash that version as well? I've downloaded the factory image but wouldn't mind waiting a little bit if it meant I'd get an OTA update that would preserve all of my settings. I'm mainly hoping to avoid losing progress that I've made in a few games.
    11-13-2014 10:04 AM
    Unfortunately you will not get the OTA. Good thing about Android 5.0 is once you install it you can restore the backup from your device. Not to sure if it will backup your saved games though?
    11-13-2014 10:20 AM
    Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I was thinking. But I agree that the new restore system makes it much easier.
    11-13-2014 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I was thinking. But I agree that the new restore system makes it much easier.
    Let us know how flashing 5.0 goes and if you run into any problems.
    11-13-2014 11:38 AM
    Let us know how flashing 5.0 goes and if you run into any problems.
    I ended up flashing 5.0. It went pretty well (except that I forgot to do an up to date backup of my text messages). I didn't have any issues like the ones that have been reported (missing system.img or whatever). One odd thing was that after my home screen layout and apps were restored the shortcuts to the Google apps that were on my home screens didn't have their icons loaded automatically. Instead, they remained as default green Android icons until I removed them and re-added them. Otherwise so far, so good.
    11-13-2014 08:12 PM